Last week Joe and I went to our dating ultrasound and intake appointment. I was told all the things I can't do and can't eat and that I can't travel after 32 weeks (I thought it was 36!!!) But despite all my new limitations, we took home the pictures of "Chubby", our 7wk 4day sized baby. The date is exactly what I thought it would be from my charting and it's only 4 days off LMP so they did not change my due date of 18 September.
Cubby's heart beat was 156 beats per minute and it was so relieving to see on the monitor the flicker of the chambers as it pumped away. It seems so strange to go from no visible fetal pole in the sac to a measurable baby with a heart beat in two weeks. It got me really excited.
I'm super exhausted and a lot more nauseated than I remember with Lincoln. I know it's all good, but I'll be ready for my energy to come back! I feel like I can't go anywhere and I know that it's kind of a spiral if I don't. It's getting hot here in the day, but at least the mornings are still nice. I should be walking as much as I can but it's hard.
Lincoln has no idea what we're saying. We came home with the pictures and he wants to hold them and crush them and throw them. I've been having some rough mornings and he's happy to imitate me and laugh hysterically. I know he'll be a good big brother, but Conner visited over the weekend and he was not happy about sharing his toys, I laughed a lot at his new experience. My favorite picture is one of them in the blue chair together and they're both not thrilled but Lincoln is especially like, what the heck, Mom?!
I should be napping, but I'm not. There are so many things I want to do but I'm too tired to do them. Napping is probably a better idea than anything, but it's hard to sleep away my "me" time every afternoon so I'm trying to just relax. I have Pride & Prejudice on DVD, a ginger ale, Bella at my feet, and i'm on the laptop. Still tired and getting HUNGRY. When I'm hungry, I'm HUNGRY! I do not remember being like that with Lincoln. I even get up at night sometimes to eat something because it's gnawing!
Well, I should probably get over it and take a nap while I can. The hours between 4 and 8pm are long when I'm exhausted.

No comments:
Post a Comment