How far along: 14 weeks
How big is baby: A Lemon
Total weight gain: +1 (130), but -4 from starting weight.
Sleep: I already sleep with a pillow between my knees and I can no longer sleep on my stomach. I have been suddenly sleeping on my stomach for MONTHS and now I can't! Part of the discomfort is my ribs and the other part is my belly. Either way, no more tummy. But I do still sleep through the night for the most part other than an occasional midnight snack or a bathroom trip.
Clothes: I've gotten so much thicker in the last two weeks! I now use a hair tie as a button loop extension and I've already started wearing my very comfy maternity pants because other pants are not comfy. Granted, I still have room in the butt, THANK YOU, GOD. But, the belly is chubby and there is width I didn't have before...
Food cravings: O.M.G. -- BUFFALO CHICKEN!!! LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE (especially if you know me).
Food aversions: Meat (except above mentioned buffalo chicken) this includes other forms of chicken though.
Symptoms:
So much less nausea. No vomiting in awhile now- still some occasional retching if there is a particularly foul diaper or smelly trash. Heartburn, though not too bad or all the time yet. Peeing when I sneeze if I'm not careful (do your exercises, they're important). I'm very emotional, I cry about everything.
Gender: 50/50 split!
Best moment of the week: Reaching the 2nd trimester!! WOOO HOO!! My other favorite moment wasn't pregnancy related, but it's very funny. On Saturday, Lincoln asked to take a bath in our tub so I get in with him, and minutes later BELLA jumps in too!!! All by herself - harness, collar, and all, and she stayed in the tub for the whole bath. Silly puppy. I do LOVE taking baths, but I'm very conscious of my water temperature and I'm half tempted to get a water thermometer to make SURE it doesn't get too hot. I do like hot water, but I don't want to hurt Chubby at all!
| both of them showing the camera their smiles. I cut most of myself out for your benefit :D |
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling Chubby move for sure! I think I sometimes get some flops, but I'm excited to feel more and soon enough watch 'The Baby Show'.
What I miss:
ab muscles?? Not having rib pain (though its origin is pregnancy unrelated, it is possibly exacerbated by the hormones and may not resolve until after the baby is born. NOOOOO!!!) Dare I say it -- libido. Definitely.
Next appt: April 10th. We get to meet the 4th provider in my clinic, the founding OB/GYN of my chosen practice. There are two OB's and two midwives. I'm looking forward to knowing all the faces who may deliver this baby!! (unlike with Lincoln...)
I got this idea for "stats" from The Art of Making a Baby. I love looking through this blog and this is where I got the motivation to go for natural light in this week's pictures.
This post was a little "early" (even though my weeks change on Tuesdays or something like that) because I'm on my way to Orlando for Mary Kay Career Conference tomorrow!! It's supposed to be THE MOST AMAZING CONFERENCE EVER!! It's the 50th Anniversary and I just couldn't miss it. Joe's a little stressed because even though I registered a long time ago, I haven't been feeling all that great, so I wasn't very committed. (He wants me to be clear, it's not stressful that I'll be gone, it's stressful that school is stressful and we did not budget time earlier in the week to compensate for the workload usually borne on the weekends). It'll be the second time I've been away over night since Lincoln was born and Joe's FIRST time being the SAH parent. It's only 36 hours, but I'm already missing him even though I know it's good for us both. And this conference is going to be SO MUCH FUN! I hope I remember to take lots of pictures!!

No comments:
Post a Comment