How far along: 15 weeks. (15.1 by this photo)
How big is baby: The size of an APPLE
Total weight gain: 136.6 (new batteries in the bathroom scale. So... +2?) OMG. LOOK HOW CHUBBY I AM THIS TIME!! I HAVE LOVE HANDLES?!
![]() |
| 14 weeks with Lincoln |
Sleep: Naps are sacred. My ribs are finally starting to hurt less so rolling over in my sleep is no longer an olympic event requiring Joe's assistance and a whole lot of effort... just waiting until this resurfaces in a few months.
Clothes: Comfy. I love elastic. I love support. I'm ready to change out my wardrobe and pack up the non-preggo clothes for my preggo clothes. There will be some maxi-dress fun this summer.
Food cravings: Buffalo Chicken was so last week. (Though I DID have a buffalo chicken sandwich for dinner thanks to Joe's trip to Wawa. It was yummy.) This week has not amounted to much appetite though. Very scroungy.
Food aversions: Nothing horribly averse. Just not interested in meat still.
Symptoms:
Nausea has been all gone this week!! I feel tremendously more human now! I'm OCD about anything baby related though. Is my bath water too hot? (I LOVE taking baths with Lincoln) Am I too close to the iPad, iPhone, computer? What kind of double stroller do I want? Do I need two? Can I find them on craigslist? What boy names do I like? What boy names does Joe like? Oh, I can go on and on.
Gender: Totally 50/50 split here. No idea. I had a dream last night that I was on some sort of military training event and it was after our anatomy ultrasound and we'd gotten the gender sealed in an envelope and gave it to someone, who told someone what it was who didn't know us, and they sent me a cake at my training that was a 3 car train. So I'm unpacking these cake boxes and putting this train cake together with my coworkers and the last box car says, "IT'S A BOY!!!!" Across it. I was SO upset that I'd been accidentally told and that Joe wasn't there with me!!
Best moment of the week: Lincoln laying across me for an hour yesterday. Totally not Chubby related, but absolutely wonderful. We also used our doppler this week to listen to Chubby's heartbeat and Lincoln likes to play with it. He thinks it goes in everyone's belly button.
What I’m looking forward to: More interaction with Lincoln and the pregnancy. I'm excited for Lincoln to continue to process the "baby" (which he CAN say). He feeds and carries around his baby doll. He pushes her shopping in his cart. He likes the pretend play stuff I found and the baby doll that giggles I couldn't help sneak into the shopping cart because she giggles just like Lincoln. Joe thought it was Lincoln when I showed him. It'll be fun to watch his face identify baby kicking in a few months.
What I miss:
I'm honestly missing a little bit of Lincoln's 'only child-ness' already. I know he's still the only child and I won't understand how only child he still is until there really are two, but there are times he's still such a baby and it's nice to just hold onto him. So much change ahead, and time is really going so fast.


No comments:
Post a Comment