Friday, May 17, 2013

Chubby: 22 Weeks



How far along: 22.3 Weeks
How big is baby: The size of a papaya
Total weight gain: Not sure, but I’m realizing that with Lincoln it took me a LONG time to start gaining weight at all but once I did I gained the full 35 lbs. I’ll prefer to do the whole thing more slowly this time.
Sleep: I’m such an insomniac. I even thought about buying sleep aids, but I’m so nervous about taking ANYTHING I pretty much opt for staying up late and sleeping during Lincoln’s naps. And the Snoogle has appeared in our bed. Bella is thrilled. Joe is not. My back is thanking me.
Clothes: Well, this week I went to drill. I can button up to the two top buttons on my ACU pants and I can kind of make my belt buckle. But, yesterday I opted for PT’s and it was much more comfortable. I kind of LOVE these tank tops from Target that I wear every week in a different color/combination. They're great with the kind of bras I wear and they're super comfortable. 
Food cravings: So… I made those chocolate chip cookies I wanted so bad (with oatmeal). I made them a few days ago (like Tuesday at 4pm) and I ate the last two last night when I wasn’t sleeping.
Food aversions: I wish my aversions were soda, candy, cake, and cookies…. But they’re not…
Symptoms: My stretch marks from Lincoln have already shown themselves. They're shiny and darker and my belly button is a half-outie now. My least favorite stretch mark is the one around my belly button. It looks like the playboy bunny! UGH!
Back aches. SO not cool. I’m definitely kicking myself for not taking my abs more seriously before I got pregnant and the whole first trimester! Yoga is such a big help though. The relief is almost immediate after doing my Prenatal Yoga video (thank you Michelle!!)

Foot cramps!!! OOOOOUCHIEEE!!! I have plantar faciitis to begin with, and the cramps sent my left foot over the edge this week. I forgot how painfully good rolling on a cold soda can feels (yeah….that soda got drank shortly after. DANG IT!!)
I’ve been cleaning like crazy. I vacuumed twice in one day and two days in a row. That’s unheard of if you know me. Joe likes that.
Joe is enjoying this part of the second trimester.
Gender: I’m looking for more fun tests/games/wive’s tales to do and add to the Gender Games board as time keeps going!! Tell me what you’ve heard of.
Best moment of the week: Watching the preview of The Baby Show. Chubby is getting big enough that we can now see movement on the outside. It’s just jabs, but it’s fun to watch my belly jump or feel my arm resting get kicked. Lincoln even rests his hand on my belly but has not felt any movement yet. He still likes to offer my belly button his snacks and make smacking sounds. Joe even said that this morning he woke up and could feel Chubby moving against his back. I love that. 
What I’m looking forward to: Settling on a list of boy names. Right now we're between (in alphabetical order):
Benjamin (Joe's middle name)
Cole[ton] (Yes, Sarah, we LOVE THIS NAME TOO!! Joe likes it with the E)
Ryder (means knight)
Middle Names: Gabriel, James, Cameron, Nathaniel.
We're fine having a list of names and seeing what he looks like before choosing the final combination. Who knows, we may still think of some more!! 
What I miss: Nothing right now. I’m really feeling great! This is that golden time when it starts to feel real and I haven’t started feeling like I’m just DONE yet.
Next appt: MONDAY!!! I love how appointments sneak up on me and I realize it’s been 4 more weeks that I’ve been lucky to carry Chubby. 

2 comments:

  1. Benjamin James ... done and done ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wont do BJW as initials for this baby because they've already been used. Joe's other son is Brendan Joseph. Too similar for me. We're considering Benjamin Gabriel as our Benjamin combo.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...