Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chubby: 27 Weeks



How far along: 27.1 Weeks
How big is baby: The size of a Rutabaga (really, I’ve never had one of those, what is it?)
Total weight gain: 141.6lbs as of Monday’s appointment
Sleep: Not bad. I’ve been tired, but it’s not sleepy tired, it’s body tired.
Clothes: Dude, I changed out my ENTIRE wardrobe over the weekend. I took out all my non-maternity clothes and off-season clothes and I will be living in tank tops and shorts until this baby comes. My closet doors and my drawers actually close now and it’s fun to have a new selection.
I’m also kind of excited to go take some of my profit from my inventory sale last week to go buy a fancy dress for this black tie wedding Joe and I are going to in NYC on 4th of July. What do you think, should I find something curve hugging or long and flowing? Key words being: Black Tie in NYC on 4th of July. This is ritzy.
Food cravings/aversions: Juicing it up last night with a ridiculous concoction of green veggies made Chubby very active. Also, ignoring the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups that Rick got me at Wawa and the Double Stuffed Oreos I put away throughout the week, one of the office PA’s told me that a sweet tooth is a symptom of needing more protein. I could go for that since I’m not such a fan of meat these days and as much as I eat a lot of cottage cheese and nuts and hummus I wouldn’t be surprised if were lacking in that department.
Symptoms: Foot cramps!!! OUCHIE!!!! Heartburn. NO FUN. Nearly peeing my pants… yeah, that’s coming up soon. Round Ligament pain. I’m hoping it’s so that Chubby comes faster and easier than Lincoln (who was SUPER EASY in all reality). Anxiety. DEEP BREATHS. Hot Flashes. IT'S SO HOT here I get sick if I'm not in the shade with water at all times. 
Gender: So, here are my tales for the week going off of the carrying low wive's tale. I actually didn't think I was carrying as low as I was with Lincoln. Wrong on 2 counts. I superimposed pictures together and it's exactly. the. same. Except I am slightly bigger this time already. With Lincoln I had trouble gaining weight working nights (I can tell in the picture below that I'm wiped out despite a smile) and I was battling depression so he measured about a week behind the whole 2nd trimester. 
Then, at my appointment, my midwife tried to measure my fundal height just by feeling and she remarked that I was barely 2cm above my belly button so she'd have to measure me the long way (from pubic bone to top of fundus with the tape measure) to get my real measurement. Apparently the easy way is supposed to be 1cm above the belly button for each week after 20 weeks. I actually measured 27 cm so all my fundal protrusion is way below the belly button. So there really is such a thing as carrying low. Hello, Baby Benjamin??? I've already started calling the baby "Baby Ben" in my head. It's sticking.

My last tale is that my dad and sisters saw me on FaceTime on Sunday with a belly shot and he guesses girl. He's so far 6 for 6 on predicting the genders of his children & grandchildren. He guessed boy on Lincoln. Chloe and Sophie were split 50/50. Ask them again next week and they'll probably change their minds. I guess that's how it goes, huh? 
Best moment of the week: Our babysitter, Diane, made me a beautiful lightweight wrap (like a Moby wrap) for the Arizona heat. She said she made one for her daughter in Key West and I commented how awesome that sounded so she went home that night and came back the next morning with one for me! How sweet of her. I love her (Lincoln and Bella do too) and I will miss her so much. Anyone in St Pete/Largo/Clearwater/PP area who needs a babysitter- Diane is fabulous.
Trying the wrap on with a baby doll :D
What I’m looking forward to: Dress shopping for a pretty dress. And watching the Baby Show that will be starting soon when Chubby moves. Third trimester starts next week!! This is the part of the pregnancy where I don’t want it to go too fast. Joe says he feels like I’ve been pregnant a long time (well, I did get pregnant in December so it has been awhile) but, now that I’m showing and feeling movement and still comfortable for the most part I want to relish this. I have no idea if this is my last pregnancy or not, and if it is I want to love it for all it’s worth.
What I miss: Not that there is anything wrong with doing this, but I actually kind of thought “it’d be nice to have a beer or a glass of wine.” We don’t really drink in our house, which is probably why the drawer we stocked with beer last year still has beer in it and the wine bottles we have are covered in dust. BUT, it might be nice here and there. I know it’s generally approved as safe up to a glass, but I’m so anxious as it is I just can’t do it.
Next appt: June 27th. My glucose tolerance test and Chubby’s follow up ultrasound. Joe said he’d go with me because I have to be there at least an hour and for the labs and with an ultrasound as well I’m sure it’ll be a long one. I’m still very nervous about having another ultrasound but I’m trying not to let the small percentages of risk outweigh the massive large percentages of babies who are just fine. I will just ask that it be as quick as possible. I feel like my NTT and my anatomy scan were both very long scans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...