Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chubby: 28 Weeks (Hello, Third Trimester!)



How far along: 28.1 Weeks (Hello, Third Trimester!)
How big is baby: The size of an Eggplant
Total weight gain: I’ll found out tomorrow at my Dr’s appointment! I was told today that “I’m small” visually.
Sleep: After a few rough nights last week falling asleep before 2am and then being exhausted by nap time or evening I’ve had a good few nights going to bed normally and sleeping well. I had a dream I was a mermaid a few nights ago. My boobs didn’t fit into my shell bra but I love swimming underwater with a mermaid tail.
Clothes: I’m excited to pack for NYC and bring a pair of jeans and sweatshirt JUST IN CASE. I hear it was ridiculously hot yesterday, but I can hope for a relative “chill” for me :D.
Food cravings/aversions: Working on my veggies. I crave sweets like no other but I’m trying to tell myself NO. Joe’s a facilitator and I told him he has to be strong for me. I don’t want this baby to be too much bigger than Lincoln. (I know 2nd babies can average around a pound larger) I don’t want to test that theory with sugar. That even includes those darn CARBS!
Symptoms: Leg and foot cramps. Sensitivity – I wanted to cry trying on jewelry with my dress last week because I wasn’t happy with what I had. Silly. Overwhelmed easily by the heat & humidity. Peeing when I sneeze. UGH.
Gender: I refreshed BLS on Monday and after I left the instructor told Joe, “Man, the way she’s carrying, that baby it is all BOY.”  A man said this. 
As much as you can say Wive's Tales are full of crap, people's beliefs are SO strong it's amazing. I used to ask ALL my patients when I was pregnant with Lincoln if their pregnancies we're typical "boy" or "girl" pregnancies and I'd say at least 5 out of 6 perceived the wives tales to be right. It was very rare that I asked a patient who got surprised by believing the wives tales said one thing and getting a baby of the other gender. So despite their disproof, the perception of correctness is far from 50/50.
I’m also working on dredging the bottoms of the Internet for more gender games fun. I’ve found a few more but they’re getting crazy. Tell me, anyone have experience with Skull Theory or the Ramzi Method??
Movement: Lots and lots. Joe says Chubby is active in the morning when I’m dead asleep. Chubby is also active around dinner and when I lay down for bed. It's still a lot of jumping and flipping, but I can now see if Chubby is lopsided and I can feel butt or head if it's up top. 
Belly Button: Almost OUT! It’s pretty flat but through my shirts you can see the little bump popping out.
Best moment of the week: When we were in the car on the way home from Wednesday lunch at the coast guard station, Chubby’s hand or foot ran up the entire length of my side. It was so surprising and kind of tickled that I squealed a little. A little hand or foot!!! I can’t wait to hold it and kiss it.
What I’m looking forward to: New York!! It’ll be fun to see family with a bump. I know Linda’s going to be thrilled to see Lincoln and the baby bump. I remember when I was younger and my Aunts Mary & Pam were pregnant that I thought it was the neatest thing. I loved bumps even at 12 years old and there are a few nieces about that same age so maybe they’re excited like I was.
What I miss: Not worrying about every.single.thing. I have it on my list of to-asks my doctor about tomorrow. I know I won’t take anything like medication for anxiety, but I do know talking and asking questions helps.
Next appt: TOMORROW!!!! June 27th. My glucose tolerance test and Chubby’s follow up ultrasound. I keep praying everything is OK with Chubby’s neurological formation and function. I must sound like a broken record… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...