Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chubby: 33 Weeks



(Pictures taken 7.31.13)
 
33 WEEKS
I can't help but laugh in the pictures because I'm not used to Joe being my photographer. I was getting embarrassed having him take like 10 photos with a tiny bit different body/head angle each time to get the 'best one'. I also have no photoshop to adjust light or add text so you get RAW photos. I'm also channeling a little bit of Francie Pargett with the side pony tail. Makes me feel young :D

(Post written 7.30.13)

How Far Along: 33.0

How Big is Baby: The size of a durian fruit (a what?)

Sleep: Doing pretty good. I love my snoogle (now packed). I love a nice breeze on my face from the fan. I love my snuggle puppy. I love the not-snoring-anymore husband (still loved him when he did snore, but I'm glad he stopped). I'm slow to get up and pee in the night, I'm a little like a turtle stuck on my back, but even that's easy enough to fall back asleep from. I've had some show choir dreams and some home improvement dreams. Nothing crazy.

Clothes: I'm living out of a suitcase now so there is no spectacular wardrobe to be had. It's shorts, tanks, t's, and essential underthings. It's supposed to be "nice" in Phoenix when we get back on Thursday. (Did I mention I'm flying in Thursday afternoon? Well, now you know.) As in not 115, but low 100's. I just want to tell the weather to bite me, which I know it will. It's been hot here in Florida too though, mid-90's and humid. Not sure what's worse. (Arizona).

Food Cravings/Aversions: Just trying to think smart while we're in transition. We've already done pizza delivery while the moving company was packing our 9,000 lbs of stuff into 107 boxes for transport. Anyway, we're trying to eat what they wouldn't box up, not buy too much, and not eat out for every meal. But, that's easier thought about than done when the toddler is hungry and the husband has school work to do. Avoiding BIG fast food is pretty easy for us though. We're not sucked into McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's. But, wee do like Panera (expensive), Chipotle, Wawa, and I unfortunately like Panda Express (but Joe keeps me away so I haven't had it even though it's right down the street).

Symptoms: Well, I knew this last pregnancy too, but Zantac is a life saver and I don't know why I didn't just take it when the heartburn got bad weeks and weeks ago. It still gets bad, but not nearly as dramatically and I get longer relief from just taking 75mg of Zantac than 1 or 2 Tums.

OMG. WATERWORKS. Lots of easy crying.

Crabby Patty. Both Joe and I are a little crabby with everything going on, but I know I'm more so than usual during stressful transitions. I've moved 12 times in 12 years, this is not a new process for me, but it's still a period of stress and I know I use a tone of voice that sounds like "duh, how dumb are you?" or "I didn't do it, what's your problem?" kind of thing. We're good at telling each other to chill and we don't ever really escalate.

Hot flashes. I get really hot easily and rocking Lincoln just makes me sweat like crazy. He's a little body heater.

Gender: For anyone who missed Gender Games Part III on Monday night, here's the link. 53 Old wives tales with 2 N/A's, totalled up to:

BOY: 20
GIRL: 31

I still have no doubt this baby is a boy, but it's been fun.

If you thought I was going to peek in our envelope, just know that it was hidden by Joe last week (even though it's been sitting on a shelf untouched for the last 13) and now it's in a box somehwere, being loaded onto a moving truck and I won't see it for 2-3 weeks. Which makes it that much more tempting now that I CAN'T have it.

Movement: Lots. I love it. I wish I could get it on video but I always seem to miss it. Chubby likes to stretch out a lot. I get pushed from both sides which feels weird. I've also started feeling the hiccups. :D

Belly Button: All stretched out. Not a fan of my playboy bunny stretch mark. I keep hoping that it'll morph. No such luck. Maybe I should just do Henna around it.

Signs of Labor: Nada. Occasional Braxton Hicks, but only when nursing, which Lincoln has almost stopped doing again. He likes it in the morning, but not at nap time anymore. (He'd rather just cry incessantly).  I told him my boobs were sore and they hurt so every time he goes fishing down my shirt and I say, "No thank you." he says "Boobs. Shore. Ouch." yes, Lincoln, the boobs are sore and it hurts. Don't touch.

Best Moment of the Week: OMG. Lincoln knows WAY more than I give him credit for. Yesterday he lifted my shirt and put his hands and head on my belly, pushed on me, and said "KICK!" He wanted Chubby or "Chuh" to kick!!!! I about cried it was so cute.



What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting on that plane and getting to Arizona. Then it's all about getting settled from there. I'm feeling nesty and I'm considering painting by myself. I've been told Sherwin Williams has the lowest concentration of VOC's in their paint and I shouldn't have to worry about fumes (and I can still wear a mask just for extra comfort). Tonight (which is now last night as I'm editing) will be the last night Lincoln sleeps in his crib. (Wow, I just realized that reality of that... *moment*) because once the furniture comes, it's going straight into Chubby's room for Chubby. 

What I miss: I'll be sad that all of our Florida friends who have been waiting this long with us won't get to see the rest of the pregnancy and be near us when Chubby comes home. That's one of the blessings of social networking and email, but it's not the same. 

Next Appointment: August 7th!! With Dr. Oland. I missed my 34 week appointment with Lincoln because I had no insurance, so I'll get to see him a little bit sooner than last time, but this is pretty much the exact same gestation I was at when I walked into his office two years ago and said "Hi, I want you to be my doctor, I liked your picture online and you take Tricare..." more or less... He's awesome. I don't even care that that's not a midwife because I like him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...