How
far along: 36.1
Weeks!!
How
big is baby:
The size of a honeydew
Weight:
155 (+1 since
two weeks ago, +26 since first documented weight). I was really kind of
shocked. I think I weighed about 5-10 more at this point with Lincoln, but I
also didn’t gain any weight until a lot later too…
The
Lowe’s people tonight were surprised when I said 36 weeks. Apparently I don’t
look like a whale yet.
Sleep: I’ve been a total bed hog since I
was sleeping alone, but it’s nice to have Joe back, even if he is HOT. I’m
thankful the snoogle is back too although I did find out that a Boppy also
works very well between the knees. I’ve been wanting to sleep on my stomach
again… yeah, like that’s gonna happen.
Clothes:
The movers
arrived yesterday and brought everything variety back into my life. Finding it
will be another story. It’s been so hot here (108/109) that the idea of looking
cute is reserved for picture day and picture day alone. My rings still fit, but
I think the last two days have challenged whether or not they will stay on the
rest of the pregnancy. I’m starting to feel swelling coming in.
Food
cravings/aversions: Joe brought with him Oatmeal Caramel Bars from Emily’s house. I’ve
been working through them with limited reservation. :D There are still some
left and he got home on Monday. Otherwise I eat A LOT of peanut butter and
jelly.
Symptoms: I feel like all I do is pick my
nose. My super-strong-sense-of-smell nose.-Lincoln still has teething breath
and it’s like oral surgery and iron all mixed together. SO GROSS.
The
swelling is starting. But right now I’m attributing it to being very busy
NESTING. I’ve painted 3 rooms, climbed up and down a ladder a million times,
and had the movers here all day yesterday with the doors open and the AC off
(in 109 degree heat) I think ANYONE would swell after that.
Gender:
The moving
men were all very adamant that Chubby is a boy. They even told me to call them
if they were wrong.
The
lady at Sherwin Williams said girl, but for all the same reasons everyone else
says boy (carrying like a ball out front).
I
have to admit it’s been kind of a rough week for me. One of the reasons I
didn’t want to find out the gender was because of the risk of becoming
depressed like before. But even not knowing, this week still kind of brought me
down. I feel like I’ve done everything wrong all this pregnancy (like missing prenatal
vitamins a few times a week, not taking them soon enough before getting preggo,
not having Joe take a vitamin, not ensuring the vitamin wasn’t full of nasty chemicals,
did I work out enough?, should we have tried exclusively for a girl?, should we
not have moved back to Phoenix – one of the most polluted cities in the country
where we live less than a mile from the interstate (though we lived that close
in Florida too in all reality)?, should we have asked for genetic testing?,
should we not have had so many ultrasounds?, etc. etc. etc.) I know a lot of it
had to do with Joe being on the road and close to but not home, but my anxiety
over Chubby’s health and risk factors for Autism (being significantly greater
as a boy amongst other compounding factors) was admittedly out of control for a
few days.
Movement: Chubby likes to move and stretch
but is obviously running out of room. I was able to almost grab a little foot
earlier. But again, I was driving so I couldn’t really look and see or enjoy it
too much. And Chubby's HR was in the 120's today, which was weird to hear it so slow since it's never been below 140/150.
Belly
Button: “woo
hoo” is what Lincoln says about my belly button.
Signs
of Labor: NADA!! I
even kind of asked Dr. Oland about it today because it’s SO WEIRD that NOTHING
IS HAPPENING!! It’s even slowed down as Lincoln is nursing (which he’s doing
even MORE here than he was). I did have two spontaneous Braxton Hicks
contractions while laying down with Lincoln tonight, but that was it. Nothing. I thought subsequent babies started practicing sooner than first babies. I'm nervous about Chubby being too comfy, though in all reality 36 weeks is still preterm and 4 weeks is a long time for plenty to happen.
Best
moment of the week: Having Joe come home. I LOST IT on Sunday night. Nothing like crying
even HARDER when Lincoln looked at me and said, “Mama, crying. Mama, sad.” SAD?
You know the emotion sad???? I was so grateful for it, but it made me cry even
harder because I’m so relieved about his development and now I’m worrying all
over (this doesn’t sound like best moment of the week material…) But we
snuggled, we fell asleep, and at 11 am (hours before I was expecting) the
doorbell rang and Joe was standing outside. I almost cried hugging him from
relief that he was finally home even though I had no idea I was going to be
that affected by his arrival. And we’ve talked and I don’t feel so out of
control anymore.
What
I’m looking forward to: My mom coming on Friday!!
What
I miss: Not
burping up stomach acid all.the.time. Seriously, this baby better have some
hair!
Next
appt: August
29. I had my GBS swab today so hopefully we’ll know results by next week (I was
positive with Lincoln). And next week he’s talking about doing an internal to
check my cervix and see if there’s anything going on since I asked him about
not feeling anything and the risk for induction/augmentation.
I swear I will upload the 35 and 34 week pictures SOON!! I just need to Go.To.BED!!!

Michalea dont sweat the gender. Even if a boy it will be fun to try #3. You look fabulous. Good luck. I predict a girl against the grain (heck even I think boy with a 120 hr) so here is hoping you get what you want .
ReplyDeleteJohn
Thanks John. We really know what it means to say we just want a healthy baby, and that's really what we do want - boy or girl. I have 4 boxes of boy clothes that would be great to use again. I've been really good this whole time until last week when it hit me I'm having a baby in a matter of weeks and we're in the middle of a huge transition -AGAIN. But, we know where everything goes and it's been fun to put stuff back on the walls and sort and make our house our home again. Now you can come back through Phoenix and visit!
Delete