Again, I love my photographer. He's got a chocolate chip covered face - lucky boy.
How
far along: 37.0 Weeks!! Full-Term!! Well, not really. The research shows there is a BIG difference between a 37 weeker and 40 weeker (even a 38 weeker). It's not really full-term it's more late pre-term, so I would hope Chubby waits a few more weeks.
How
big is baby:
The size of a winter melon (not watermelon).
Weight: We'll find out on Thursday. I don't feel gigantic.
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty good. I've had some weird dreams about Barney and Robin from HIMYM, which I still haven't finished season 7 of, but maybe that's why. I have to have a fan blowing on me though or I wake up drenched in sweat.
Clothes: I ripped my cute maternity jeans today pulling up the legs. :-( I haven't even found 1/2 my clothes yet. There's a few stacked bins wrapped in paper labeled "clothes" and that's probably where they're hiding. But whatever, I've gotten to wear some cute stuff the last few days. I also bought a fake ring to wear on my wedding ring finger (looks like my real one) because I didn't want to risk not getting my rings off in time. I like wearing a ring, I know I don't have to, but I like it.
Food
cravings/aversions: Not much of an appetite anymore. We did get to go out and celebrate our upcoming anniversary and I caved and ordered a sirloin- which tasted fabulous. Otherwise, just enjoying having my chef home.
Symptoms: Really emotional. I don't remember crying this much with Lincoln. The night my mom left I decided it was time we start getting Lincoln to sleep by himself. After over an hour of him being no where near cooperative to lay down and trying to leave his room a million times I just started BAWLING. So Joe took over and I went and bawled in our room forever then fell asleep and slept all night (I guess Joe got up with him once in the night too that I never even heard)
Obsessing over the things we don't have worked out yet (the two rear facing car seats). Can I be really sad that the car seat fabric I really like is the 2011 years model and therefore out of stock online at both retailers even though it's STILL on the website?
Gender: My mom go to experience a little of what the last 8 months have been like when we went to get our toes done. We were greeted at the door and the question was "Oh, are you having a boy?" THEN, the technicians asked me if I knew what I was having and when I said I didn't know my guy said "It looks like a boy". The girl asked me if I was pointed or round. And Chubby's been pretty pointy the last few days so I said pointy and she said "yup, boys are pointed and girls are round". So there you go - some cultural variation and the leading statements that have been unanimously BOY from the beginning. They told me to tell them too if it was a girl. Haha.
Lincoln has changed his mind again. If you ask him if Chubby is a Girl or a Boy he smiles and waits and waits and waits and then looks like he's going to say 'Boy' and then says 'Girl'.
Dad Says: I had a dream last night that Chubby was a girl. The dream was "Stop wondering. It's a girl." That's it. Joe has also realized it's really real and there will be another baby in the house soon.
Movement: Apparently crying makes Chubby very active. So does midnight. Chubby was kind of a butt-head over the weekend though and barely moved at all for my mom. I've been able to find a catch a foot a few times, which is fun.
Belly
Button: “woo
hoo” is what Lincoln says about my belly button.
Signs
of Labor: Soooo... those braxton hicks I was complaining about NOT having? They started. Not a lot, but walking get 'em going and they just kind of happen occasionally. They make my belly funny shapes.
Best
moment of the week: Having a fabulous pedicure with my mom.
My toes are now baby ready!! I LOVE Phoenix Nails & Spa and I've missed them so much over the last year. It was wonderful.
What
I’m looking forward to: More unpacking, more nesting, getting the baby swing/bouncer we picked out


and the car seats set up. My appointment on Thursday.
and the car seats set up. My appointment on Thursday.
What
I miss: Not much, I feel really good. I'm still really enjoying this pregnancy, which is a nice surprise considering how ready/done/depressed/anxious/ugly-feeling I was last time. Maybe it's just because I know what's coming now....
Next
appt: August
29. The first internal cervical check! We'll see if anything's happening :-D It seems like last week to this week has taken FOREVER. It is a day later because I wanted to go to the closer clinic, but even Wednesday to Wednesday (since it's only Tuesday) feels really far apart.
Here's a comparison photo from Lincoln at 37 weeks. I look like I might be a little bigger, but I weigh significantly less at this point this time around. Chubby's A LOT lower already. (Dropped very noticeably on Sunday)

Cute photos! My weekly pregnancy photos were not nearly as flattering. :) Congrats on making it to "full term".
ReplyDeleteThanks, Emily! Pinterest got me inspired this second time to use natural light!
ReplyDelete