How
far along: 39.0 Weeks
How
big is baby:
The size of a Watermelon
Weight: Not sure. I go to the doctor on Thursday. If I make it until Thursday...
Sleep: I could NOT sleep last night. The heartburn didn't go away even after taking zantac. I was up until probably 4am when I finally just took a Tums too and must have fallen asleep until 7 when I got up for the fourth or fifth time to pee and then fell asleep until Lincoln woke up at 8:44.
Clothes: I've actually found a whole bunch of maternity clothes I never got to wear! How sad. Some are even summer weather variety, they've just been buried in the back bedroom in a pile I thought was all Joe's stuff. Low and behold, a whole bunch of things I'd noticed were missing but didn't know where were were in that pile PLUS MORE.
Food
cravings/aversions: I got a Pizookie tonight!! WOOHOO! Gotta love a half-baked chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. Just trying to stay level, eat heartburn smart, and get my fruits and veggies in. (Still not so good at the veggies)
Symptoms: The peeing has gotten OUT OF CONTROL!! I swear, the last two days I can't hold it at all. I'm always going.
I'm finally emotionally feeling done. A few days ago I was crying because I was just done. I've also been extra short with Lincoln when he whines and then I feel even more done. It didn't know I would feel that way this time because I was enjoying it so much until it hit me suddenly that I was just done. Despite having SO MUCH left to do to get settled and get "ready" for Chubby, I'm done. I'm ready. Did I say I was DONE??? Bring on the baby.
LEG CRAMPS!!! SCIATICA!! Baby is on my nerves.
Gender: It really has been fun for the last 9 months to play gender games and hear what people's opinions are and why, but this week I didn't want to hear ANY OF IT!! However, that did not stop the "Oh, you're having a boy?" or "You're having a boy because you're carrying this way (people keep changing their minds whether I'm high or low, but whatever they pick always means boy to them.) Not that I won't be happy to have another boy, but I wanted to cry every time someone's unsolicited opinion was to tell me I was adamantly having a boy without any other knowledge than just looking at me. Don't I sound about ready to have a baby???!?! I'm done - boy or girl I'm just ready to meet him or her.
Movement: Lots, which I'm very grateful for. It makes me feel good that Chubby is still showing all the signs of thriving as we near full full term.
Belly
Button: ouch. don't push it. It's weird how it's gotten painful to touch.
Signs
of Labor: Nothing until today and it's been ALL. DAY. LONG. I've been having contractions since probably mid-morning that are definitely coming upon uncomfortable, but irregular and hardly worth counting. It's hard to move through them (like standing up or walking), they haven't gone away at all (it's almost midnight), and they're visible across the room, but until they show a pattern I'm not considering them worth it. They've come as close as 3 minutes apart for almost 30 minutes and they spread out to a time that I can't say I even looked at a clock to know how far apart they were. Joe says this is the first day he could tell something was happening.
Best
moment of the week: I guess today. We bought a new car. A 2014 Honda Odyssey EX. We didn't want to, but after epically failing at getting two rear-facing car seats in the back of the Jetta, with enough leg room for Joe or me to safely drive with 10" to the steering wheel, with the option of side-by-side so B could sit in the car too on occasions, we decided that Lincoln's continued rear-facing safety and Chubby's car seat's proper installation was worth the car payment. And if we were going to have a car payment, we were going to factor in all of our factors and get what we wanted. 8 seats. plenty of room. We wanted to get the only car we would possibly need for the rest of our parenting days be there 2-3 kids or 4-5 kids. Welcome home, Honda Odyssey.
Oh, and my total consignment SCORE on the best $1 onsie ever. If Chubby's a girl just bring me a red bow to go with it, she's totally wearing this!
What
I’m looking forward to: Meeting Chubby.
What
I miss: Not being so emotional. Not having such horrible heartburn! Seriously, I know you must be sick of me complaining about heartburn, but it's the worst symptom I have and it's even waking Joe up at night each time I sit up suddenly to swallow the regurgitated acid.
Next
appt: Thursday morning!! I know I don't even have to have a cervical check, but my curiosity makes me want know know. And I have to admit I've thought about just going ahead and having him strip my membranes to help move things along. But there really is no indication to have it done so I'm trying to be patient. Chubby will come when Chubby is ready....

No comments:
Post a Comment