Saturday, November 23, 2013

Emilyn: 2 Months



Emi, at 2 months old you are still the sweetest, most easy-going baby ever. You weigh 11 lbs 11.5 ounces and are 24 inches long. You are just starting to smile, which is what I've been waiting for. I can't wait until you smile all the time. You think Daddy is pretty funny (which, you're right, he is) and you smile for him more than me.


You're an amazing eater and and I love laying in bed with you and falling asleep from your warmth snuggled next to me and wave of nursing hormones. As paranoid as I am about all things infant safety, I love co-sleeping and when you wake up in your co-sleeper after a good 3-4 (sometimes 4-5) hours of sleep at night I bring you into bed and we go back to sleep until 9 or so. You have been conditioned to get excited by the click of my nursing bra. You hear that sound and your head whips towards it ready for food. You gulp, gulp, gulp and it makes me laugh. You even puked on me today just as a reminder that I've got plenty of milk. It only took you 2 weeks to latch by yourself side-lying so I hardly ever nurse you sitting up.


You are so content by yourself. I sometimes get so busy with Lincoln I forget I just left you on the floor right where I changed you. Half the time I come around the couch and find you asleep or on your stomach (the fussing of being on your tummy is often what reminds me you're on the floor in the first place). You love the kick and play piano way more than Lincoln ever seemed to. You even cooed and kicked happily at the medical equipment dangling from the wall during the hour + we were at your 2 month appointment. You were so entertained. 


You're such a different mix of Mommy and Daddy. You don't really look like Lincoln but you are looking a lot more like Mommy (even though I think Daddy is still obvious. I look like my dad, so I guess I should expect you'll like like yours)

"Papa Tim" (Lincoln decided on that name), Michelle, Chloe, Sophie, and Uncle Nick came to visit and you were just as chill with all the chaos as you are in the calm. Whatever seems to be your attitude (You must get that from me).

For your first out of state trip we took you to San Diego and you slept the whole car ride. We stopped once to pee, eat, and nurse and then you just went right back to sleep in your car seat. We went to Ocean Beach dog beach and you touched the ocean (it was COLD!) and then you went to Balboa Park and had a picnic! 

You cry so rarely that when you do it breaks my heart. You have the pouty lip and tears and it makes me rush to hold you. You're a good self-soother when you're just fussing, but actual crying I can't bear. I could never tell Lincoln's different cries apart but you have one very distinct cry of a little sister - the "he hit me" cry. Yup, you already have a special cry reserved for when your brother does something to you.

You are a wonderful little baby and I'm treasuring every single second. I can hardly bring myself to put you down and use two hands to do anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...