Friday, December 20, 2013

Emilyn: 3 months


It's hard to believe that only 3 months ago you can into our lives - 1/4 of a year! You just fit right in it's hardly felt like an adjustment at all. Lincoln loves you more than I could have ever hoped for. He worries about you when strangers come close to you, he wants you in his bed and he loves to show you his books and tell you what to look at. He pushes you back on your back when you roll onto your tummy, which you do all.the.time. and it makes you really upset. He won't take a bath without you. "Emi, get in tub." and when I want to get you out he says, "Emi, stay in."


You sleep like an angel, I can't imagine letting you out of our bed soon. Lincoln started going to sleep in his own bed at 4 months old but I still just want to hold you until you fall asleep and then bring you into bed when you wake up. The last two nights you've slept from the time I put you down after Daddy comes home until 5 am.

You are smiling so much more and so much bigger every day and Daddy says you laughed at him yesterday.


I went to the Nutcracker with Aunt Kristen. It was my first time away from you and Daddy and Grandma Linda had to give you your first bottle. You didn't really like it and didn't get a very good nap, so when I came home and you saw me you gave me this exhausted look through teary eyes of, "Oh thank God, it's you! You're here." There was no smile for me, just a look of sheer relief. Then you drained one very full booby and crashed for a LONG time. It reminded me how much I hate pumping and how grateful I am I haven't really had to, although I'm supposed to go to drill for 3 days next month and I'm very nervous about that.

I think you're just over 13 pounds (so says our home scale), you're very long, and you've outgrown 3 month clothes more than I would like to believe. But it's OK because you have a whole drawer full of 3-6 months clothes to start wearing.

It looks like your eyes may be turning brown, but Daddy is still holding out hopes that they'll be hazel or green. You're still pretty bald with light hair and you've rubbed the same spot on the back of your head that Lincoln did. You can feel it without looking because the hair that's growing back feels fuzzy instead of soft... oh, well, you have a nicely shaped head.


You are so easy and so perfect I'm already asking Daddy if we can have another one. You're growing up so fast it makes me forget all the hard parts of worrying about you, carrying you, and delivering you.

You flew on your first plane to Seattle for Thanksgiving to see Grandma Lauri, meet your great grandparents, and you met your namesake Emi.



4 Generations. My Grandma Irene, my mom, me, and Emi
I'm excited for your first Christmas. 

I could kiss you 100 times a day and it will never seem like enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...