Monday, January 20, 2014

Emilyn: 4 Months


At 4 months old it feels like you're such a big girl and not as much of a baby baby. You are BIG and that's confusing. (Your appointment isn't until the 29th, but my guess is you're 15-16 lbs) Update: You're 14lbs 11.5 oz and 26.5 inches tall.  As much as looking at you is a lot like looking at your dad, you've already inherited the "Pargett thighs" (which I've been told are really "Morrsion thighs" if you want to get one generation more technical).

You are obviously eating just fine since you're such a chunky monkey. If anyone believes tandem nursing doesn't work, you prove them wrong. You are thriving sharing the boobs with your brother and I'm so not feeding you baby food for another few months. I have NO IDEA WHY ON EARTH I started feeding Lincoln so early. What a pain in the butt. So you get the benefit of lessons learned and you will relish in exclusive boobs awhile longer.

You have nicknames that are coming out. We call you EmiEmi and Emikins and Lincoln has started calling you Emi Candy Cane. I'm assuming it's because you had candy cane jammies over the holidays but you stopped wearing those well before Christmas and this nickname is new sooooo not sure why Lincoln pulled it out now. Maybe it's just because you're so sweet.



You have set your own bedtime right around 8pm. The only time you really cry, other than when Lincoln hits you, is when you want to go to sleep. You sleep in our bed and have a dream feed around midnight when Daddy gets home. Then I put you in the co-sleeper until you wake up between 3:30 and 5am. You come back in bed and nurse and we fall asleep until you wake up and we switch sides. You are so used to sleeping under my arm that you wiggle up to have your head in my arm pit or pressed up against the pillow. I still swaddle you and you won't stretch your arms out until early morning. Depending on when Lincoln wakes up we often don't get out of bed until between 9 and 10am. Once last week you woke up at 7:30 and smiled and cooed at us for an hour before falling back to sleep. You were so happy we just soaked up your baby sweetness. You take a brief morning nap and an awesome afternoon nap. I just wish Lincoln would join you at nap time so I could snuggle you more...maybe on days Daddy is home...

You're such a big girl, you fit 6 months clothes a little too well and I have a feeling you will be wearing 9 months very very soon. Check that: you wore 9 months clothes on Saturday and Sunday that fit all to well to cousin Matt's baseball game. Look at you in your baseball finery.


You are laughing!!! Sometimes we make you laugh by tickling you and sometimes it's spontaneous when we look at you. You've laughed at Lincoln laughing at you.

You are always smiling and love faces. Your cheeks are SO Chubby I can't tell if you have dimples or not. You still roll back to front and you're much more comfortable on your tummy.

You even try so hard to sit up. You can sit steady if I'm holding onto your legs. We even started putting you in the activity jumper to work on your core. You like the lights but spend a lot of energy just holding yourself there. We'll work on it more. Daddy was kind of bummed I brought it out since it takes up a lot of room, but it's nice to have more options than just leaving you on the floor. You don't spend much (or any) time in your swing anymore since you can almost roll out of it and you stopped sleeping in it during the day. I'm not QUITE ready to get rid of it yet, but I wish we had a better place to store it.

We think your eyes are turning brown, but they might be hazel.

Lincoln loves to have tummy time next you and read his books to you on your tummies together. You love to look at books and you look at Lincoln with such awe and wonder I can't wait until you two interact even more. I'm beginning to feel like I have two kids now because you're turning into a little person - one who yells a lot. You are so loud and full of noise. Lincoln likes to pop the bubbles on your lips when you're splurbling at us. He thinks it's hysterical.

 

I'm so excited for what's coming next! More moving, more and more talking, and some teeth for that happy smile. Mommy, Daddy, Lincoln, and Bella all love you. I look at you and kiss you every night amazed at how love only grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...