Emi Candy Cane,
Wow, how has 5 months gone by already? You are so interested in the world around you it's like you're growing right in front of me. You try to grab my straws, you get your fingers in our food, you reach to hold Lincoln's arm or Bella's hair. Things are coming to you now and soon you'll be going to get them.
You're not much of a roller anymore. I did find you on your face in your crib for the first time a few days ago, but you don't do it as often now when you're laying on the floor. You can sit for a few seconds at a time before you fall over splat on your face. You prop up on your forearms for awhile and look all around but you're not a fan of tummy time. You'd rather play on your back or be held.
You nap twice a day. It doesn't matter when you wake up (between 7-8 on average now) but you go down at 10am for a short nap and then you go back down between 1 and 2pm for your big nap. Then at 6:30pm we start bath, jammies, books, and boobs and I'm usually leaving the room by 8pm. You fall asleep on my bed and then snack at midnight and go to your crib. When you wake up around 4:30 you come back in bed for more boobs and go back to sleep until morning when we wake up and repeat. When you wake up you are so happy. You will lay in bed and blow bubbles, babbles, and bang your hands on the bed for a hour before I can drag myself out. It's happening earlier and earlier and boy do I hope you are not the 5:30 baby Lincoln was.
We keep telling ourselves your room will get painted soon, but who knows when we'll actually do it. I want to do it soon though so that the paint has time to set a little before we put you in there. You're sleep cycles have changed enough that Daddy starts to wake you up when he comes home. One night you didn't go back to to sleep until almost 2am.
Daddy keeps telling me he's going to sneak you some food when I'm not looking. You love your boobs so much though you LAUGH when you know they're coming. Why would I ever want to start feeding you food? I'm sure you'll have fun with it soon, but not yet. I love how you watch my face when you're nursing and you are a fast little eater. You're highly distractible now. You turn towards all sounds to see what they are. Lincoln is the most likely culprit and it frustrates me to no end when you're all tired and he's jumping next to you.
Gramma and I bought you some 9 month summer clothes since you're in the length for 9 months. I need to do another drawer swap soon and get the 9 month pajamas and shorts that I saved from Lincoln into the mix. It's hard to imagine that 6 month clothes were so big when you were born and now you're almost out of them. You even got to wear your new-to-us swimsuit when you went swimming yesterday! It was mostly for fashion since it was too cold for you in the water. We tried and you didn't like it.
You finally figured out how to cry. I hate to see big crocodile tears run down your face. That's usually the biggest sign when you're tired. Even when you're crying really hard you're still such an easy baby and it never lasts long. I hold onto these few remaining weeks where you are pre-mobile because I know you'll be on the go very soon. Part of me can't wait though because then you and Lincoln will have even more fun together.
I look forward to the day you grow some hair :D You are still very bald but it's looking pretty blonde. Your eyes are looking more and more brown by the day too. Daddy is still holding out that they may be hazel. You have a blue vein that runs along the suture line on the right side of your forehead. I call it your future angry vein because it gets really obvious when you fuss and cry, but right now it must just been feeding your brain and making you smart. That's what it looks like it's doing.
Daddy says you remind him of a cherub or angel in renaissance paintings with your chubby legs and long lean body.
I look forward to the 19th of every month because I get to remember how an ordinary day became so special.
Love,
Mama







No comments:
Post a Comment