Saturday, May 3, 2014

7 Quick Takes about Interviewing 2 year olds, starting school, and a nursery sneak peak


1
Wow. It's May. The month that I thought would be so far away is here and I start school NOW. Actually, I'm already doing school work. I have a course to finish in the quiet hours between bedtime and Joe getting home each day. I'm already finding myself anxious, craving knowledge, and unsure how to get organized. My first mistake was a time zone miscalculation when I was supposed to have an introductory call with my advisor. She's on Mountain, I'm on Pacific. I was 30 minutes late thinking I still had 30 minutes to go, but this overwhelming sense struck me and I sat up with a gasp, looked at the clock and reassured myself, and then looked at my phone to see an e-mail "I've been waiting for your call..." well, CRAP! But, thanks God, for the poke. I at least didn't miss the whole thing. Not how I wanted my first impression to come off. 2 more weeks until Frontier Bound! My first trip *by myself* since kiddos were born.

2
Every day I look at myself in the mirror and I feel like, "yup, I was born to be a midwife". I hope I feel like that I go through school and it becomes a reality, but I think it's pretty safe to bet that this is my calling when the coolest thing I think I've ever seen is called The Great Sperm Race.



There are 6 10 minute parts, and it's worth watching the whole thing. I totally almost cried at the end....

3
Lincoln turned 2 years, 7 months and I didn't do anything so today I interviewed him and the video won't load. Boo.
 

I should have asked him to tell me about baseball because it's the first thing he asks for in the mornings, but he wasn't really paying attention after the first 2 minutes. 




4
We painted Emi's room. *FINALLY*. She came back to sleep with us for a few days even though we used Harmony pain from Sherwin Williams. We chose Verbena and painted it in a day. She's back in there now and I'm decorating slowly. only 4 more rooms to paint and then we're done - just in time to move?? Yeah, hopefully not this year, but I'm getting squirrely.




5
We had some fun impromptu backyard plant transplanting. It'd be awesome if it worked so we fill the holes without buying anything new.





6
Poor Lincoln was sick last week. He told me he didn't feel good and then spent the day throwing up. He's been reallly whiny, starting to act out negatively for my attention, wakes up horribly in the morning, etc. so I didn't believe him when he wanted to sit on my lap and snuggle all while repeating "I no feel good"




7. It's getting hot in Phoenix. I got out the kiddie pool and filled it up to pass our days away. We need to start getting to the splash pads and the big pool too, but sometimes it just nice to splash in your own backyard. I heard the high temp today was supposed to be 102. I never checked for sure, but it was hot and it's probably not going to be nice again until November. This is when I get squirrely and think, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...