Saturday, May 17, 2014

Answer Me This!

To get back in the happy spirit over here, I thought linking up with Haley hosting Kendra's Answer Me This! link up would be fun while waiting for my dad's plane (thrice delayed/cancelled/redirected today) to land.



1. What’s the scariest thing that’s ever been in your yard?

I live in Arizona. The answer is hands down the 6 inch scorpion that Bella nearly peed on when we first moved in. I had never seen a scorpion before and I took Bella outside in wee hours of an already scorching hot summer morning, and I almost stepped on it. I honestly thought it was dead and belly up the first time because it had a darker belly and it's legs were curled up. So, I went inside and told Joe when he woke up a few hours later. We went back outside to look for it and it was gone. He told me a bird must have grabbed it and taken it off (liar, but thanks for trying). That's when I noticed Bella peeing no more than a foot away from it and I screamed. Of course we had to take a picture with a ruler for reference and then Joe tossed it over the wall after making it mad with said ruler.


2. Beards. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

There's a range of acceptable beard for me. I like few days old scruff but I don't like the scratch. Once it's past scratchy it's better, but then I like it to be well kept. I really can't speak for any attraction to beards having been grown longer than a month, because that's about the limit for anyone I really know who's grown one. ie: No-shave November, or Mustache March kinds of things. If you've seen the silly picture (below) of the man clean shaven, mustache, and beard - I will agree the beard (albeit a short trimmed one) is the most attractive and the mustache is a no-go.


3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?

 Uh, yes. I'm the fixer around here. I always have been. I remember when I was an early teenager, I hauled my parents first TV (1981) up from the basement to my bedroom on the second floor along with the VCR. I fixed them both, set them up, and my parents didn't tell me I had to take it out because I think they were so impressed I got it to work that I deserved the credit of keeping it. I used to stay up late and watch or record (since you actually had to hit the record button at the right time) Start Trek: The Next Generation re-runs.


Now anytime something breaks, Lincoln tells me we have to do surgery on it.

4. What was your first car?

My parents allowed me the use of my dad's 1990's (I can't remember the exact year now '92? '95?) Ford Ranger Splash, which I loved and hated. I drove that truck until we sold it before we moved from Iowa City to Bellevue.
1. It was bright yellow and had an extended cab - since sitting sideways in a fold-away seat was pretty fun back then - so it was by nature pretty awesome.
2. I was a teenager and there was only 1 other model in yellow in Iowa City so EVERYONE KNEW WHERE I WAS!!!!! If I was driving with someone in the car, someone would tell my mom, "I saw Michaela driving with someone in her car..." (restricted licenses, remember those?) GAH!

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/RangerSplash-002.jpg

5. How often do you eat out?

More than I should.... I'm not the best meal-maker and Joe works weird hours, so there are often times that I'm out and about and I drive by somewhere and stop with the kids. Or there are times where I look at the clock, look in the pantry, and then subsequently drive somewhere on purpose :D Joe and I have only been on a handful (or a pair) of alone dates since the kids were born. That is something that needs to change. I like eating out though. I would do well in cities like NYC were people never use their kitchens and store sweaters in their stoves.
 
6. Why is your hair like that?

Well, my hair is currently like this because I donated 13 inches last week to Patene's Beautiful Lengths Program. 
 

It is something I have wanted to do for years but I have been color crazy since 6th grade. When I got pregnant with Lincoln I got really anxious about the idea of hair color and cut it really really short and haven't colored it since. I knew that since it wasn't colored I would have the opportunity to donate it and that is the *only* reason I haven't colored it since Emi was born or cut it. I've been dying to go red again. I love being a redhead. I think all my favorites growing up were redheads, beginning with Ariel when The Little Mermaid came out, then Anne-with-an-E from Anne of Green Gables, then Felicity Merriman (my favorite AG doll who I will get to talk about next week). I tell time by my hair cut and color. I can tell you when and where I was by a picture. I have been from red to black to blonde and even green, pink, and orange by accident. I go short and grow it long only to get itchy for short hair and then spend years growing it out again :D I'm an impulsive hair changer.

 




(1. Cut it short and red just after graduation 2007, 2. growing it out after I arrived in Germany 2008 it's grown out all natural, 3. mid-summer blonde 2008, 4. post-break up red 2008, 5. Joe's favorite mid 2009 brown with blonde highlights and collar bone length, 6. just arrived back from deployment mid 2010 - long for wedding, 7. chopped it all off after Iraq damaged it to no repair and I'm 11 weeks preggo with Lincoln in 2011, 8. after growing it out for almost 3 years long and natural at Halloween 2013. 

And I didn't even show you the black... ;-D

Have a happy weekend! My dad landed safely and is on his way here. I'm so excited to spend the remainder of the weekend with him and tomorrow night I am off on my own first trip since before kiddos were born to Hyden, KY for Frontier Bound! I can't wait to tell you all about it.






1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious about people calling your Mom. Star Trek!! It was a happy day when Mom and Dad let us stay up late to watch it. I love the progression pictures of your hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...