Friday, May 23, 2014

Emilyn: 8 Months


Emilyn,

I missed your 8 month day since I was on an airplane to Kentucky. I took your pictures the day before though and I knew you were going to do just fine with your daddy. You are simply stated a busy baby.

You are a little piggy. You love to eat. You figured out pincer grasp real quick to get Cheerios into your mouth. I wasn't really nervous about you taking a bottle while I was gone but I guess it took you a day figure out before you started sucking them down. Then when I got home you didn't want a boob!!

I love rocking you to sleep. You are a good sleeper with one good nap and an 8pm bedtime. You've started waking up with the sun though. Sometimes you go right back to sleep and other mornings you don't.

You're *almost* mobile. You haven't figured out crawling quite yet, but you are a little bit a of a butt scoocher. You have no interest in belly crawling although you will get your knees under you and rock. It's just a matter of days now.

You play non-stop. Now that you're more  mobile though you're not as easy to keep entertained on the floor by yourself. You inevitably get something we don't want to you have or you're just trying so hard to move you fall over. You want to pull up to standing and Daddy even said he found you in your crib standing one morning. I guess it's time to lower your mattress!

You are a very loud babbler and I swear you say "baboo" for Bella. Even Grandma and Grandpa have heard it too. Lincoln sometimes likes it and sometimes doesn't. He will yell at you to stop yelling and then you both just get very loud. You play peek-a-boo with Lincoln and laugh and you mimic spitting, which is easily Lincoln's favorite.

You love your Dolly and sleep with her every night. When I put you in your crib and you wake up and roll she immediately soothes you and you just close your eyes and hold her tight.

You look more and more like your daddy all the time. We are still waiting for your hair to come in, but it's starting to get there and it looks like it's gonna be blonde. Your eyes have a hint of green but I'm not convinced they're not going to end up brown like Lincoln's.

I love dressing you up and I can't wait till you're big enough to wear some of the adorable dresses Chloe and Sophie sent you. But at the same time I'm sad you're outgrowing your baby clothes. I just want to hold onto you every second and remember these days because they make me so happy.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...