Monday, January 19, 2015

Emilyn: 15+16 months

Emilyn16moEmi,

I love every day, maybe not the screaming parts of every day, but I love every day with you. You are a funny, happy, adventurous, independent little girl. I'm still so amazed that you are a part of my life.

You've developed a lot of words over the past few weeks: peek-a-boo, help (sign and say), please (sign and say), Mama, Dada, "Nincon" (Lincoln), Bella, Bye-Bye (with waving), cracker, milk (sign only), go-go-go, cheese (for the camera), shoes, baby (everything is a baby to you), up (sign), wa-wa (water), kitty (occasionally) with meow. you grrr for most animals and dinosaurs and vroom for cars. You still say "I did it!" and "I see it!" too. 'Please' was essentially the first word you started using consistently because you wanted to nurse so badly ALL.THE.TIME. I asked you to start signing "milk please" instead of just wriggling into a lying down position and tugging on my shirt. You were so desperate you used both hands to sign double please and said "pease, pease." I about died from the cuteness and of course gave you milk.

Playing with Lincoln is your favorite thing ever. You love love love him and he just lights up your whole day. all day, every day. You have started antagonizing him intentionally. You'll smack him and then run so that he chases you and tackles you and you both just laugh and laugh. When Lincoln does puzzles you'll grab any piece and put it on the board on top of his and say, "I did it!!!" and start clapping at yourself. You love to dig in the rocks and draw with chalk outside and you love the slide. You've even started asking to hold someone's hand while you slide down and Lincoln loves to help you. Bath time is always a favorite play time. When I'm just done by the end of the night we all climb in the tub and I get at least 20-40 minutes more. You love pouring water into bigger cups in the tub and you started splashing each other and blowing bubbles. With the bubble blowing comes water inhalation. You figured out that wasn't fun pretty fast. When we were in Cancun you loved "jumping" into the water. I think you both need swim lessons this summer.

Emilyn16mo2wm

You're just a sweet personality. You love your Dada and you reach for him a lot. You'll put your head on his shoulder and smile. You love to hug. You'll wrap your arms around Lincoln and hug him so tight, then you'll rub his head or smack him or pull his hair and laugh. You already seem to like playing with hair and Lincoln seems to like it. Speaking of hair…. someday you'll have some… I don't know why you're so bald. Lincoln had more hair at this age.

You have started pretending to feed your babies. Your big Christmas gift was a doll stroller and you love to take all your babies for walks around the house. Then you'll get the play food out of the shopping cart and click your tongue as you offer them bites. You even put your Charlotte doll on me in the morning a few days ago and made clicking sounds so she could drink milk too. I'm waiting for the day you try to nurse her yourself. You are still working on those body parts though. You know belly button and nose and that's about it. You almost have your ear down too.

Emilyn16mo3wm

You have started sitting on the potty. You have very obvious about-to-pee signs, so I got out the good ol' froggy potty to warm you up to it. You love to sit and you even love to say "psssss", but you have yet to pee in the potty. You can get on it by yourself though, and I think that getting on and off over and over is your favorite part - besides carrying it around the house and pushing it all around. I think the sound effects crack me up the most though. Lincoln decided the if he sat and said "pssss" for you that he deserved candy. He remembers how it worked, I'm sure you'll figure it out pretty quick too. I'm determined to get back on the cloth diaper bandwagon now even though being in preschool two mornings a week will still make us buy disposables.

Yup, you started "preschool" this week. You are a Cuddly Calf and you seem to love it. Miss Malinda says you love art, which totally doesn't surprise me, and the tears have never lasted long (at least for these first two days and the trial day before that). You've loved dropping lincoln off and picking him up, so I wonder if you feel very comfortable with the building and the classroom layouts and the idea that Lincoln always gets picked up so you will too. I dunno. Second children are different.

I hate molars. They're just awful, nasty, big, mean teeth. You've got all four 1-year molars now. That last one was a doozy and took forever to come through. I think it's contributed to bad sleep. That could also be the never-ending colds we just can't get rid of. You HATE the NoseFrida, but man it's the best invention ever. Joe hates the crying when I suck out gobs and gobs of snot, but I am totally gratified by how much I get out that it's SO WORTH IT. Sorry if it scars you for life.

You're still a fantastic eater. You often prefer to sit on the edge of the chair rather than in a booster seat, and heaven forbid I don't give you a fork or a spoon. You have also started drinking straight out of open cups. When you're not insisting on open cups, you have finally figured out how to tip a tippy cup, which is only like 6-9 months late on that milestone. You don't eat a lot of varied fruits like Lincoln did, but you love to eat bananas like a monkey (in the peel) and you love to eat apples whole. You love green beans, so there are a lot of green beans on your plate. You love noodles of all flavors and even asked for pasta primavera one morning for breakfast. You love cottage cheese and yogurt. I think your favorite thing though is crackers. OR CHOCOLATE!! You pushed the piano bench up to the open pantry, climbed up it, and climbed up the shelf to get to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and ate a bunch (2 or 3, the wrapper mayhem made it hard to count for sure). We were all in bed still and you came back into the room quietly with the whole bag in your hand and your mouth full of chocolate. You're CRAZY!. Then I rectified that by eating the rest of them myself so you can't do it again. That's an appropriate solution, right??

You climb like Lincoln never did. You are always on a chair and climbing on the table, the pantry shelves, or in my bed so you can jump. Someday I won't be close enough to catch you fall and it's going to hurt.

One of my favorite moments of any part of the day is when I'm sitting down and you want to sit on my lap. You'll come up to me and turn around and then back up until you can sit. I love knowing that your intention is to plop right down in the middle and sit on me. It's so heartwarming. It's often accompanied by shoes, but it's still sweet even then.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...