Friday was that readjustment day. Lincoln and Diane have a routine that's different than his and mine. Those first few days after a drill week are always a little challenging to get back into the routine. It's usually about afternoon nap. I LOVE NAP. Don't MESS with nap. After we got back from lunch with Joe, I quieted the house, turned the lights out, and we read our books. I put him down around 2 and he didn't stay quiet for long before beginning to wail. So I immediately decided to do what Diane does. She puts a movie on super quiet and she tells him to lay down and rubs his back. He didn't want to lay down at first so he snuggled with me, his 3 friends, and his "ChooChoo" for the first 30 minutes of the movie. He didn't move but he was awake. Then I did get him to lay down and he tucked his legs up under him, I rubbed his back, and he was OUT within 2 minutes. Such a sweet moment. Before he started crying in his crib I'd actually sat down to sort through my 22 week pictures. I'd gotten it down to 6 pictures to choose from when I heard him. I was a little bummed because I wanted to do the photo editing and compilation during nap time. But when that little boy snuggled with me I let all my electronic impulses go. I had no ipad, iphone, or imac anywhere within my reach. My option was to sit and snuggle my boy while watching Beauty & the Beast (my selected movie) or get up. I was NOT getting up. I wanted a picture of that moment, but since I had nothing in my reach I had to internalize it and hold him tight. Joe even got off at 1530 today and go to come home to see Lincoln sleeping on the couch and do some homework during the quiet time. This trick failed abysmally on Saturday.
We went to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes on Friday night and I definitely ate a lot. So did Lincoln. He loves our friends who we met there. He gets so excited and leaves me and Joe in the dust to be with them without ever looking back. Then we went to an opening of a local shop and found Chubby's BBQ sauce!! Of course we had to take a picture.
Lincoln loves going to the pool. The kid found his swim diaper and laid down on his back and tried putting it on himself. He's also very emphatic about "GO!" and "DOOR!"
Lincoln has been obsessed with Sofia the First on the Disney Junior ap. 1. he can open everything himself, 2. he will ALWAYS pick Sofia over any other Disney Junior show, and 3. he sits through the WHOLE thing and will restart if I don't say no more. The episode he seems to love so much is called "Let the Good Times Troll". I assume he just really likes the trolls and the songs since they're so percussive. He also knows where I last hid the iPad and will start hollering "PAD!" and pointing when he wants it. I'm getting creative in my hiding because I limit his usage overall and I like to save it for times I want him to be occupied.
The no-nap-ninja struck again on Saturday. He went down peacefully at 9:30 (we went out to dinner with friends and got home after 9). Then he was crying in the middle of the night, which woke me up around 1am with heartburn and now I'm sitting here because I can't go back to sleep. Ugh...
Doctor's appointment tomorrow! I have a special "doctor bag" all ready for Lincoln to go. It even has his tape measure from our last appointment marked with "Dr. Lincoln" so he can keep measuring those babies. Or his head circumference. He really likes doing that.
No comments:
Post a Comment