Monday, May 20, 2013

The Red Cabbage Gender Prediction Test


Today I decided do to The Red Cabbage Gender Prediction Test. I got a small cabbage at the commissary yesterday. Talk about an affordable at home GPT compared to the drug store ones on the market. Anyone can do this! This was one of the more involved Gender Prediction Tests I've done. It was really easy though and a lot of fun. Lincoln even liked watching too while tasting chopped cabbage and promptly throwing as much as he could into the sink!


Condensed Instructions:
1. Chop up 1/2 a RED cabbage (I chose about 2 Cups worth which was 1/2 of a SMALL cabbage).
2. Boil water
3. Pour boiling water over chopped up cabbage in a bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain cabbage retaining water in a bowl. Do whatever you want with the leaves.
5. Mix EQUAL amounts urine (first morning is recommended. I did not use it. But since I have extra water I may do it again) and cabbage water. I did 100mL of each.
6. Observe color reaction. Pink/Red= BOY. Blue/Purple=GIRL. 

Follow-Along with Pictures Instructions: (you have to get to the bottom to see my results! Yes, there is a cup of pee too. You're a big kid, it's just pee.)


1. Chop up 1/2 a RED cabbage 
(I chose about 2 Cups worth which was 1/2 of a SMALL cabbage).

2. Boil water

3. Pour boiling water over chopped up cabbage in a bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes.

4. Strain cabbage retaining water in a bowl. Do whatever you want with the leaves.

5. Mix EQUAL amounts urine (first morning is recommended. I did not use it. But since I have extra water I may do it again) and cabbage water. I did 100mL of each.

6. Observe color reaction. Pink/Red= BOY. Blue/Purple=GIRL. 

 I guess that's another point for GIRL!



Conversation I had with Lincoln during The Red Cabbage Test:

Me: Lincoln, do you think Mommy's having a boy or a girl?
Lincoln: Girl. (he always answers girl)
Me: Do you want a sister?
Lincoln: Yeah.
Me: what if God gives you a brother? Will you be happy with a brother?
Lincoln: no answer.
Me: You really want a sister?
Lincoln: yeah.

Well, the toddler has spoken.


My original source was here.

2 comments:

  1. did this end up being accurate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. it was also accurate again in 2015. Both babies were girls though so I do not have a boy result for comparison.

      https://makinglifedivine.blogspot.com/2015/02/baby-3-red-cabbage-test.html

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...