This month has been my happiest month ever raising Lincoln. I attribute it to his surge in language and his rapidly approaching boyhood. He's a hoot and he's putting lots of words together.
He puts some big words out there too. Almost every day Joe and I ask each other, "Did you know he could say that?" Like, "Ant bite, scratch". What? He finds something, anything, and calls it a bite, an ant bite, then he says "scratch" and will either ask for you to scratch it, kiss it, or just say "uh huh" and move on. He also loves that sharks bite and alligators bite. He always uses his hand to feign biting his shoulder.
I want to write something more about the topic of depression at another time, but today when we went out to take pictures I was locking the door (which I RARELY ever do). During that time, Lincoln (who knew we were going for a walk as he was the one who requested it and put his shoes on) ran around the corner and was heading for the street. I also had Bella on a fixed leash. I nearly dropped both the keys and the leash to run after him because he chose this moment to not listen to "LINCOLN, STOP!" which he usually does and he usually raises his hand to sign "stop". No cars were coming, but by the time I got to him he was nearly in the middle of our street. I grabbed him and took him back to the curb and told him he needed to sit for a minute for running away and not listening. He knew the instant he heard my tone of voice when I grabbed him that he was in trouble. I sat next to him but didn't look at him like I do when he's in the quiet corner and he CRIED for a few seconds, then the rest of the minute (or so) he sniffled quietly. When I looked back at him to restate why he had to sit on the curb I started crying, no, SOBBING. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and snuggled on my lap for a few more minutes. All I could tell him over and over again was that I loved him and I didn't want him to get hurt. When I think back to 2 years ago at this time, I wasn't sure I would love my baby boy when he was born and today I was SOBBING (and can't help but start sobbing again) over the fear that my baby boy could have been hurt. I made a joke with Joe that that's why I don't lock our door when we leave. It was enough time that he bolted and i couldn't get to him as fast as I wanted to. I'm definitely ready to be back in our home now with our long driveway and one-way street...
Lincoln cracks me up. He loves accessories. Necklaces, shoes, hats, lipstick, perfume/cologne, deodorant, he's all over it. I wear lipstick a lot when I get dressed up and he always asks for "stick" and puckers his lips and taps them with a finger. He says "two". He wants two kisses so he can have some.
Lincoln's new favorite book is I Love You, Stinky Face. Which Kristen got for him as a newborn. It's been awhile since we'd been reading it because he wasn't sitting through books that long. Now he asks for "stink" all the time.
Lincoln's favorite movies remain Disney and Baby Einstein. He asks to "pick" every day before nap. Today he picked Aladdin. Yesterday it was Little Mermaid.
A new thing that started is "scared". He identifies that he's scared of parts of movies (so we skip them), some animals, styrofoam boxing popcorn, and the potty (which sucks). He shakes his fists and makes a face and says "scared, scared, scared".
He sits on my lap for most of his meals or sits on my chair and wants me to sit next to him. He refuses his booster seat. He is starting to eat chicken, turkey, and he even ate some bacon this morning. He's willing to put something in his mouth even if it just gets spit out. He also will just steal bites of my food. He loves ice cream and will ask for it all day long.
Lincoln wears a size 7 shoe now. He still has some size 6 sandals he wears, but his cool police sneakers I can tell are getting tight. He picked out these blue/green sandals today and managed to put one of them completely on - velcro and all. It was of course on the wrong foot, but I was pretty impressed.
He loves to swim. His little floatie is the best thing ever and he can swim by himself with it on. He pushes our hands away and says "swim, swim!" He wants to swim to you by himself and he wants to face away from the beach into the waves. He's fearless. He does ask for "back" although he won't float himself on his back which is the first thing I want him to learn in a pool when we get to Arizona.
Nap time has turned into special time with Mommy. I'm so tired again at this stage of pregnancy 2 and he's been in such a state of perpetual transition with our trip to new york and our upcoming move that he naps in our bed, and more often than not I fall asleep with him. He's pretty good about it. Some days he has to go in his crib to cry himself down a little before he ends up coming in our bed, but days like today he declared it nap time himself. He got off the couch, stated "nap" and "room", took Choo-choo into our room and climbed in bed. He asked for a book, so I read New Baby, and he sat on my lap with heavy eyelids. When the book was done, he laid down and asked for "sing". So i sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow and he was out. I can only pray he stays asleep long enough for me to get some stuff done (one of which is this post and his pictures). He isn't sleeping very long at night right now with all this crazy going on. He goes to bed between 9-10 and wakes up between 6-7. It's not my favorite, but I know it'll all settle back in when we get to Arizona.
Lincoln asks for Noah and Max all the time. He also calls Noah on the phone a lot. He's always loved to put phones (or calculators) to his ear, but just recently he's started "talking" on the phone. And he always asks for Noah.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links.




No comments:
Post a Comment