Friday, March 29, 2013

Lincoln: 18 Months

Lincoln is 18 Months Old!! How is it possible that this baby is 1 1/2 years??


He was so hard to get pictures of this month. He wanted nothing to do with the camera and everything to do with the fountain I started taking them at. Then there were ants that bit. Ouch. Then he got crabby and we needed a nap. He slept for 2 hours then started crying and would not STOP. I offered him boobs (yes, we're still nursing) and he rejected them. Finally, he flopped over my chest and I started humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow - INSTANT silence and he fell asleep for another HOUR. It was precious. I just held him, stuck flat on my back, and enjoyed the snuggle.


Then we went over the RC-SMSC to take these pictures in in the full shade of the big building because the sunset was just the wrong kind of too bright. We were trying to work FAST because I knew he was going to get hungry. I got just a few that were good. I also realized I was on AF-C and there were a lot of blurry ones because he was off center... oops. Someday I will learn.

Lincoln is:

Weight: 21.8 (according to the big boy standing by himself on the bathroom scale, not the pediatrician) 
20.6 lbs officially 

Height: 31 inches (according to the mark on the wall measuring a big boy standing tall, which he loved doing) 32.2 inches officially. I guess the carpet absorbed a lot of his height!

Lincoln Likes:

Favorite Foods: "cook" cookies, "kaka" crackers, cottage cheese, honey nut cheerios in a bowl with milk and a spoon. Or any cereal for that matter as long as there is milk.

Favorite Animal: Alligators and Lions

Favorite Movie: He goes between Tangled and Water Horse. Both are very often clutched in his little hands after searching the DVD tower for them - and only them. The kid can read, or something! He can pick out both of those movies by their spines on the shelf without destroying it, unless he can't get it out. Then they all have to come out to get to it.

Sleep: *knock on wood* Lincoln has been sleeping 12 hours a night!!! He goes down around 8:30-9:00 and wakes up around 8:30-9:00!! I LOVE IT!! He's also started hollering before he goes to sleep. The other night about 5 or 10 minutes after he went down he yelled, "DADA." Then there was silence. Today at nap time he did his loud scream. Short. Once. And then silence for an hour an a half... Silly boy. Naps are sacred to me and he's been very good about them. 

Teeth: He has 3 of his eye teeth. Just waiting on the upper right one and the 2 year old molars!

Potty Training: He now tells me when he's wet and poopy. He starts tapping his diaper and says "poo" for both. Occasionally he pees on the potty (mostly just when he wakes up and I put him on it) but he's a good little hider... my least favorite thing. If we didn't have carpet (like I should care, it's an apartment) I think we'd spend more time naked. But, since he wasn't telling me or saying 'pee' or 'poo' until recently, I wasn't too serious about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...