![]() |
| (Like my remote? I didn't hide it very well. I was having trouble getting the camera to take the picture!) |
How far along: 16.3 Weeks
How big is baby: The size of an avocado
Total weight gain: Who knows! I got pretty sick this week so I feel skinny.
Sleep: I went to drill this week so I had to get up super early 3 days in a row! It made me take a monster nap today with Lincoln. We slept until Joe got home!! Now I'm a perky little night owl.
Clothes: Regular clothes...for now... I just modified my buttons with a hair tie. Best trick ever.
Food cravings: Well, I kind of just ate a whole thing of Starbursts FaveReds. Lincoln picked them out at the Wawa yesterday (he's my child no doubt because the reds are my favorite), and I felt compelled to eat them tonight. Nuts, berries, and salads.
Food aversions: MEAT! I would probably not select it for myself at all, except I'm married to the man who would eat chicken every day, and if he had chicken for lunch he'll have hamburger for dinner. Not always, that's a little dramatic (maybe)... but we are both consciously consuming less meat... it just feels like it's always around and I could care less.
Symptoms:
Well... I have a super sense of smell. Bella rolled in something and I could smell her just walking in the door. It was horrid. She got a bath tonight and is now super cute and fluffy. I also got sick this week. I'm not sure if was morning sickness sick or bad food sick, but there was puke and I only made it to the bathtub. I was locked out of the house waiting for Joe and I'm lucky I even made it inside... Joe is a wonderful husband - he cleaned it up while I was still bent over the toilet not sure what was coming next. I also have IBS and pregnancy often makes it worse. So again, baby or bad food--not really sure, but it wasn't fun. My ribs got a little bit more sore after that again. UGH. I hope that goes away!
Gender: No freaking clue! I'm kind of back more on Team Boy than Team Girl. I think Joe still says girl. But, I have to admit I'm THIS CLOSE to cracking and wanting to find out in a few weeks. There's just something about the fact that if I ask they'll tell me. However, IF we find out, it will be a fun surprise way. It won't be at the ultrasound except to take with us a sealed envelope.
I figure... the Angel told Mary that she would bear a boy and his name would be Jesus... if she knew the whole time, why should I wait? Sorry, bad humor. But, seriously, the thought crossed my mind.
I still like the idea that Joe will help deliver the baby and he'd be the one to shout it out! The suspense is so much harder now that the baby is obviously one or the other. When you know that no one else could know it was easy to say who cares. But, now that someone can look and know, I need to be in the loop! I love being in the loop!
Joe's co-worker and his wife had the Harmony blood test a few weeks ago, and their results confirmed GIRL this week! She's due just a few days after me.
We still don't have a boy name either... maybe we should just find out, because if it's a girl we don't have to worry, right?!
What are some reasons you would find out or not find out?
Best moment of the week: Seeing Lincoln carry his baby doll upright and walk around patting her on the back. And seeing him sign 'baby' throughout the evening last night after he figured out how to incorporate the second arm. He's been using one arm for a few weeks and yesterday he did it with both! So cute.
What I’m looking forward to: Movement!! I'm so bummed that the tech told me I have an anterior placenta, you have no idea. I was feeling Lincoln move already by this time, and for a first pregnancy that's a little surprising. I thought for sure I'd been feeling Chubby by now. But those darn anterior placentas add that much more padding for first kicks... I know movement will come soon and it's not a big deal, I'm just not very patient.
Oh, and Disney next weekend! YAAAY! Oh oh, and my birthday. Which I never give two hoots about except we will be in Disney with family!! YAAAY!
What I miss:
Other than libido, nothing else really right now. I feel like I'm in the fun part! I know a bump will come soon, I know kicks will come soon, I'm hoping my libido comes back soon (another reason I say boy, I was this way with Linc too), I feel really good (save for the sick this week), I have energy, I'm really really happy. I'm enjoying this. Who knows, it may be my last.
Next appt: April 10th!! Getting excited!


This is the third or fourth baby related post I've read today - not helping the baby cravings at all folks!
ReplyDelete