Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lincoln: 20 Months

Lincoln: 20 Months

After spending all day yesterday at the beach and frying my legs (the ONE time in the last two summers I didn't use my MK sunscreen I burned my legs... never again) I was almost too tired to even care that it was the 28th and Lincoln is officially 20 months old!! Then I got a nap and we had a rain storm this evening so the puddles made for a perfect chance! I didn't get very many pictures before he kind of lost interest and wanted to go see the alligator, but he had fun before I managed to go get the camera!



Lincoln Likes: 

The beach. The water. Walks. The lake. Rocks. Sticks. Shells. Shark Teeth. Balls. 
You know, boy stuff.

Foods: Fruit, hummus, vanilla almond milk, "Cracka!", "Coookie!!", "Cheezit", "Choc" (chocolate) and "NUTS!!". He still won't eat meat and he (at least) tries and then spits out all vegetables except sweet potato on occasion. Someone (Daddy) also gave Lincoln his first sip of Zevia Cream Soda today. He LOOOOVED it. Daddy got CAUGHT!
TV/Movies: Still loves Sophia the First and he loves Tangled. I never ever wanted to be this mom, but we watch some of a movie after lunch but before nap in the dark (sometimes while grazing on uneaten lunch) and then go read books in his room. After nap (when he's in the inconsolable crying phase) we'll sit on the couch together and turn the movie back on and watch it. It generally finishes close to when Joe gets home. Yes, I'm using TV. Yes, it STOPS THE CRYING!! I ask him, "Do you want to watch Rapunzel?" and he'll sniffle "Yeah." and sit waiting for it to turn on with his Simba and his ChooChoo. I'll take the magic box and cuddles for now over the crying.
Animals: Lincoln loves ALL animals. But he seems to especially love elephants right now as well as bunnies (we see them on our walks a lot), turtles, alligators, crabs, and his Simba and Snow Leopard stuffed friends.
Colors: Lincoln LOVES pink! and blue. He will locate blue things and say "blue" and he just finds pink things attractive. He gravitates towards all girl clothes, shoes, sunglasses.
Toys: Lincoln loves to push his musical lady bug, he loves Melissa & Doug puzzles, and he loves his role playing toys like his baby, his shopping cart, and his doctor and vet kits. I can't wait to get back to AZ and make a role playing room with a kitchen and a table and a dress up box.
Personal Care: Lincoln LOVES to wash his body and then sit in the sink and put Qtips in his ears (with very close supervision), rub lotion on his body, brush his teeth (except for real at night), and he always steals my make up brushes and brushes his face.  He still LOVES to put chapstick on. If he sees it, you'll hear him holler, "STICK!" while pointing until he gets some. Then he'll pucker his lips for you. He also loves necklaces. 

Sleep: Lincoln has been sleeping from 9pm-8/9am (I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS). Except on special days like today where he woke up at 6:45am!! OUCH. He also takes a nap from 2 to 4ish. I can keep doing this. I like this schedule *knock on wood*. I'm interested in moving him into a toddler bed when we get back to AZ. He hasn't even tried to climb out of his crib yet. 

Language: Lincoln is still "lagging" in the talking department. He's great at receptive language but he's slow on the talking. He strings two words/signs together (mostly Mama, help, and please) when coaxed but he pretty much just says one word at a time. He's getting new words though every few days. And he signs I love you back to me at night now when I put him to bed and smiles. He also is good at indicating directions to you when playing. He'll point to or pat where he wants you to sit and either sit on you or give you something to play with. 

Potty Training:
Ok, I haven't been super committed to it, so that's my fault. I understand some find him young and I know many who say their boys were potty trained by 18 months. I'm sure there's a combination of each child's uniqueness as well as American Potty Culture that factor into the ages children are potty trained today. But, I find it kind of frustrating in this apartment with its HORRIBLE carpet. I can maybe understand carpet in other places, but FLORIDA?! This place needs hard floors badly. Anyway, I hate potty training on carpet so I think I'm mentally uncommitted until we get back to AZ. He can get on his potty himself, but not very easily. He does however love to pee outside, in the tub, and in the pantry. I've also got him sound associating "Pssss" with it so now when he goes he'll say, "pssss". I just haven't gotten him to go when I say it with him sitting on the potty. 
He also did a cute thing today. He loves his baby doll and he was naked so he wanted me to get her naked. Then he went over and put her on the potty and said, "Psss". So I know he gets it! Promptly a few minutes later, I catch him trying to squirt on the carpet.... *sigh*... 

He loves this book Once Upon A Potty. And he did this himself. I was just lucky enough to get the camera and snap it (hence why it's slightly fuzzy). 



I can't believe that in less than 4 months this little boy is going to be a big brother!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...