How
far along: 23.1
Weeks
How
big is baby:
The size of a grapefruit
Total
weight gain: 137.6lbs
on Monday! (+8.6lbs) I have to admit my heart jumped a little when I saw the number. I knew I'd gained, but it was the first time I'd seen the number go up above an average weight for me.
Sleep:
I’ve been
sleeping well except for the fact that Lincoln has not been. He’s decided to
start waking in the middle of the night crying and then I can’t get back to
sleep. Last night I went to bed early because I was a crabby patty and I prayed
the rosary and it calmed me down enough to just drift off when I was done. I
really enjoyed going to bed like that. I think it will become a routine.
Clothes:
Minimal :D.
It’s getting into the 90’s here now and its HOT. I can barely squeeze into
these jeans that I take my pictures in and that’s only for pictures. I do a lot
of walking though so my basketball shorts and t-shirts are frequently the most
worn ensemble.
Food
cravings: I’m
dying to make a chocolate chip cookie recipe I pinned last week with chickpeas
and peanut butter. I find it difficult to resist the temptation to eat cookie
dough with raw eggs, so I’m looking for healthier alternatives to curb my sweet
tooth.
Food
aversions:
heavy foods.
Symptoms: Irritability is back! I’ve been
super testy the last few days. The landscapers were even just outside right now
trimming bushes and blowing the leaves and Lincoln is napping. I wanted to
burst out my door and yell at them to get away from my windows because I have a
sleeping baby!!!! It’s not the noise itself; it’s the intermittent-ness to the
noise. On. Off. On. Off. On. Off. JUST GET IT DONE AND GET AWAY!! UGH.
I
also got a random bloody nose today in the shower after my morning walk.
Gender:
The Red Cabbage Test was very fun to do. I definitely recommend it as a fun experiment
to do for cheap and with older siblings as an at home “science project”.
Best
moment of the week: Recognizing Chubby’s sleep cycles. Chubby is generally awake around
this time (nap time) and after midnight and I get to enjoy feeling movement.
It’s nice to spend some quality time with Chubby in silence while resting or
sitting or doing whatever. I love sharing Chubby with Lincoln, but I love
one-on-one time too.
What
I’m looking forward to: Well, the cat’s pretty out of the bag. I’m looking forward
to GOING BACK TO ARIZONA!!!!!!!!! For the most part… There are a lot of reasons
I would rather stay in Florida, but I try to prioritize my life the way Mary
Kay said it: Faith first, Family second, Career third. They’ve asked Joe to
stay in Florida another year, but there are circumstances regarding B and his
care back home that need Joe’s presence, along with the turnover of the job here, and a
few other things that all point to going back to Arizona at the end of this set of
orders without extension. This means Chubby will be born in Phoenix. Dr Oland
is going to laugh (I hope) when I show up at his office at 34 weeks pregnant
AGAIN and moving into a house AGAIN at exactly the same time of year AGAIN.
Chubby will actually get a nursery to set up!!! But it may take some time since
Chubby will be co-sleeping with us for the first 4-6 months and we will likely
transition B slowly into a new room that’s “bigger”(not by much) and will be
developed into a multi-purpose/sensory/bed room for him.
What
I miss: I
miss HOT BATHS!! Lincoln loves to take baths with me (I love when he asks, he’s
so snuggly in the tub) and my comfy temp is easily 102 or higher. I don’t know
who calls a 98-degree bath a warm bath because it’s NOT. I even have been so concerned with
my perception of bath water temperature that I bought a Temperature Turtle to
tell me what my water temp was. I didn't buy it out of concern for Lincoln, I bought it for ME. I miss hot baths.


No comments:
Post a Comment