This week was full of fun as we continued to enjoy our time in Washington. There was so much on our list that we didn't get to do, but we enjoyed very full days. Lincoln has never slept so good in his life. I want to bottle whatever it is and bring it back.
Monday we did a hike to Twin Falls. AWESOME. Killed my legs. Joe carried Lincoln in our amazing new-to-us hiking pack and he loved it. He could see everything and was really excited. As much as we all love the beach, we loved being there better. Twin Falls is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe I'd never seen it before. Bob was so great to take us there.
Tuesday was a big day for me. I had an informal interview with the PMS from Seattle University for the position in the ROTC department. I learned that it would be the MSII instructor spot with an unofficial additional duty as Nursing Recruiting Officer. It's also a position that may be cut because of the downsizing and the sequester, so until they actually know whether the spot will be funded there's nothing to apply for. Part of me is so thrilled that I have been given the blessing of "we want you here". It would be an amazing opportunity, but Joe and I aren't really willing to be long distance and Chubby will be very very young. As we settle back in Florida I'm less and less excited about it, but I will continue to keep in contact and consider applying if the time comes. I think a lot of it is the idea of being close to my mom and a signifiant financial contributor for our family because of the other things that have come up. Which... ultimately has led us to the discussion of where do we go from here?
Wednesday we had a VERY VERY VERY long flight home. Granted, it was not a bad trip, just long. The Seattle to Tampa flight is a two-leg journey. We flew through Houston. 4 hours there and then 2 hours to Tampa. Lincoln fell asleep on the Seattle to Houston flight during taxiing. I hummed the Lord's Prayer, Ave Maria, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and any other improvisation on songs and songs of those keys for nearly the first 2 hours to keep him down when the PA system would come on, the drink carts would go by, etc. It was a relief. We got home around 1am and Lincoln asked for Bellaboo and then wanted a SNACK!!
We've spent the rest of the week readjusting. Lincoln has been fighting bedtime this week and keeps crying every hour for the first few hours for Bellaboo. I had to bring her to him the second night so he could hug her and kiss her and then he laid down. Joe did go to work on Thursday and Friday and today was an amazing lazy Saturday. This morning we all slept in!! Joe and I woke up around 9 (though he got up and I stayed in bed!) and Lincoln woke up at 10!!!! He therefore did NOT take a nap and went to bed at 9pm. Reset Sleep. Go.
Lincoln cracks me up. He got a tiny little scrape on his knee playing in the fountain at SU during my interview. He noticed it a few days later and is very upset by it. I told him I would kiss it and make it better. Now every time he notices it he kisses it himself and then wants either me or Joe to kiss it too. Once I didn't kiss it fast enough and he grabbed my head and pushed it to his knee. He was very serious.
He also says "yeah" to just about everything. He will answer "no" occasional, but for the most part if you ask him anything he answer "yeah". When I asked him to say "yes", he just goes "sss".
I guess Sunday is Mother's Day. I'm a horrible celebrator of holidays. So, oops for me and sorry to my mom. Mail will not be arriving by tomorrow, which wouldn't matter anyway because there's no post on Sundays... anyway, I have been thinking a lot about motherhood and the different kinds of mothers out there in light of some of the things that happened in the last few weeks. I'm going to gather my thoughts more eloquently though and put them together for another post.









No comments:
Post a Comment