Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lincoln: 21 Months


Lincoln: 21 Months

I'm actually starting this post early. I thought about making it a separate post and then realized it just worked well within his monthly update.

Weight: 23.0 lbs (in clothes, a cloth diaper, and big shoes) according to the scale at my OB/GYN office.

Lincoln is becoming a picky eater, a grazer, and a walk-about-eater. Obviously, this is perpetuated by me and I've realized it and I'm putting my foot down. No more. With Lincoln being such a lightweight, I was always so concerned about getting any calories into him by any means possible. Now I'm paying the consequences. I know in other cultures there is no such thing as a picky eater (at least when comparing their diet to an American toddler's diet), so guess what, Lincoln? If you're hungry, you eat what we're eating. I know this doesn't always follow and often times I actually just eat what he's eating, but I don't want this to become forever.

Funny side note, I made a green vegetable juice that tasted very strongly of celery and was downright a vegetable medley concoction of get-rid-of-what-is-in-the-refriderator-before-it-goes-bad. It was green like grass and tasted like so. BUT, I put a straw in it and Lincoln sucked down two or three sips before he realized it.  You should have seen his face, but it was too late to spit out since he'd already swallowed it! Then he did it AGAIN! Haha. I'm so sneaky. I've actually frozen the rest to put in smoothies as ice cubes in moderation (it was a mix of kale, broccoli, cucumber, celery, green apple, and then grapefruit as a "chaser". Still very grass-like, which I expected)

Lincoln loves Cars. The toy AND the movies. Yes, he still loves movies. I love movies and I love snuggling with him. He can identify the Cars movie by the icon. "Apon" is Rapunzel and "King" is Lion King. It's our before nap time routine and I'm cherishing it for as long as it works. He gets to watch about 20 minutes while having a snack (this kid naps at 2pm) and then it's off to his room to rock and read books then lay down. He knows it too when I turn off the lights and close the blinds. He gets his blankets and his friends and climbs on the couch and I snuggle right up to him. Then after his nap he gets to "finish it" (which still ebs that crazy otherwise-unconsolable crying when he wakes up). Usually that means a few more minutes of snuggling and then he's ready to play and the movie finishes itself and the menu is on repeat for the billionth by the time Joe comes home.


Lincoln is learning to "jump" he takes a one after the other foot leap and "lands" with bent knees and then stands up and claps. It's hysterical. He's so proud of himself. "GO!" he shouts.

Not only does Lincoln now know colors (his favorite by far is pink) and name everything, he's learning to count to 3!! He shows us his 1 finger and then adds the other hand for 2 and then says 3 and "GO!" always gets added on because we're usually throwing a rock into the lake or a ball into the water. He loves mommy and daddy to take baths with him. He was so happy I got in the other day he goes, "won (like won of wonton or juan), two BOOBS!" He still loves the boobies. I'm starting to think I may had a tandem-nurser on my hands. He also loves to have two flowers any time we get in the car. He has to pick them off the bushes and always demands "two" and then goes happily into carseat "two, toooo, two" and picks their petals off as we drive.

We have forgone the sippy cup 99% of the time. I still take one with me if we go to the beach and stuff, but he wants water bottles, straw cups, juice boxes, our cups, whatever there is that's for "big kids" kind of thing. He drinks great even from our big cups on the table. There have been a few more spills that way, but oh well. He's also quite good with a spoon and a fork. I always comment on other kids language and a mom with a boy the same age as Lincoln watched Lincoln eat jello on a spoon from a small cup and was amazed.

I've talked to many parents or read their stories about being devastated when their baby was too big for crib anymore. I'm not one of them. I didn't think I'd want him to grow up and not be a baby anymore since I love babies, but I can't wait for Lincoln to get a big boy bed when we get back to Arizona. I LOVE watching him turn into a boy. He saw a kids bunk bed with a blue camo bedspread at the furniture exchange on post and he RAN and climbed up as fast as he could. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen make him so excited. It's like he knew it was for big kids and he wanted to be part of it.


Lincoln's best friends are Simba and Snow Leopard and Choo Choo:


In true genetic fashion, Lincoln often calls his daddy "Joe". He even said "my Daddy" earlier. He also likes "Joey" the Melissa & Doug magnetic paper doll


His favorite books are "Truck", "George", "Colors", a green book of ABCs, & Dear Zoo.


The other funny thing is that I must have taught him more about deodorant than I realize. Not only does he try to put it under his arms himself, he SNIFFs too!! HAHAHAHA. He actually lifts his arms (or crosses one over his body) and SNIFFS!! WOW. This is cracks me up.

So much to say about this little boy!! I can't wait for him to have fun with family in New York this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...