Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Vol. 4 - The Nesting Crazy


Sooo... I would LOVE to reveal my project to you, but Joe reads this. It's been a busy week. 2 trips to Hobby Lobby, 4 Trips to Lowes, and 3 trips to Target (most of those in one day) to get it done (which it didn't get done that day). At this point, if I say, "Lincoln, you want to go shopping?" he runs to the door to go. He says "shop" every time we get out of the car, he loves to "buy it", and knows more about offering a debit card than what to do with real cash. But I'm excited to show you next week.
Happy wedding weekend to my cousin Amanda and her soon-to-be husband Devin. I'm so happy for them. I really really really wish I could be there. I know it will be a fabulous event and I look forward to the pictures. I think maybe someone should facetime me in!!!
Sooooo... I have this crazy idea. Support me or tell me I'm crazy. I'm thinking about moving Lincoln's room (BR2) to the room that would be Chubby's (BR3). Yes, I've already moved furniture from that room to the other room and I'm considering moving it back. Hear me out. I already know how the baby furniture fits, it's the room closer to ours. Moving Lincoln would put him in a room we could decorate withPixar's  Planes (and just paint it blue) and it would put him further away from the noise of a new baby in the living room. Part of me is sentimental about Lincoln's room being Lincoln's room, but the more I'm here and functioning with the layout of our house and our changing family dynamic, I'm considering my options in the practical sense. What do you think? Where would you put the newborn and the toddler?


Joe is on the road!! He left Florida this morning and I got a message from him at nap time that said he was almost to New Orleans!! I'm so excited. I miss him. Even though these past few weeks have been bearable, he's got a lot of work to do when he gets here. Like painting 5 rooms :D
Oh, and speaking of road trips... our moving van is in San Antonio needing repairs. There is currently no word of another truck coming to take our stuff and continue the journey. And, apparently every truck out there is broken in San Antonio as well and also needs repairs, so the line for assessment of what's even wrong is a week long. They've offered us "inconvienience compensation", and I guess that's ok (paying for paint???) since we've made it this far and it'll give Joe time to get it done, but come on, I really just want our stuff. I'm so glad my MK inventory isn't on that truck, it's WAY too hot.
During my crazy of the week, I came across a new study that links labor induction/augmentation with Autism.  Great. I doesn't control for other big things like paternal age (also a recent study on the large significance this plays), medications the mother took, etc., but I'm getting really nervous about being able to deliver Chubby like I did Lincoln. Even though the relationship may be more that babies who are later diagnosed with ASD will require birthing interventions, it's unclear what the impact these procedures could have on the "cause" of Autism. Not to mention the study that linked pollution to autism and Phoenix is in the top 25 cities in the USA. So glad I didn't do most of my pregnancy here. Sorry, can you tell it's been kind of a rough week on the Chubby's health front? I'm trying not to freak out, but it's getting so close I can't help it. This USA Today article says things well too.
you know what the best invention is? the ratcheting screw driver. You know what I love? Building things. Lincoln loves it too. At least collecting the screws, putting them in a bowl, dumping them everywhere, and helping me "drill". I guess it's one of the reasons I'm a good boy mom. I even started Lincoln a little tool kit. His first item - a pink 10ft tape measure!! He loves it. I love it - I've used it. I don't think you can ever have too many tape measures because when you need one, you need one!!








For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...