The day I thought would never came came all too fast. Monday & Tuesday our life was again packed into 107 boxes and on Wednesday it was loaded into a moving van to make the trip back to Phoenix. I have moved 12 times in 12 years.
2002- Iowa to Seattle
2003- Freshman Dorm Room
2004- back home then Sophomore Dorm Room
2005- back home then Junior Year Murphy Apartment
2006- back home then Senior Year Murphy Apartment
2007- back home, my dad's apartment sub-let, OBC
2008- to Germany, first house in the Germany in Kirchenarnbach and then to second house in Hohenecken (closer to friends, lower rent)
2009 - second house to third apartment in Landstuhl (moved in with Joe closer to work)
2010- Iraq, left Germany
2011- moved into Colorado Springs apartment and then to Phoenix into our new house
2012- Phoenix to Pinellas Park
2013- Pinellas Park to Phoenix.
Does this stress anyone out? I'm tired of it too. Let's stay somewhere for more than a year for a second.
On Thursday morning Lincoln, Bella, and I got on the flight to Phoenix. Bella fits under the seat and Lincoln isn't 2 yet, so we capitalized on the lap child. It couldn't have been a better trip. Lincoln slept a lot, Bella didn't bark, our connections was easy. My advice is fly early or late. Lincoln is a very good early kid so I prefer to do that. Joe's good friend Drew made our lives so easy too by coming to the airport with my car so that we could just load it up, drop him back off at work, and drive home. Fabulous friends are so nice to have.
Nothing like coming home to a virtually brand new house and have a few hiccups. First our car doesn't have working A/C. I'm sweating in the front seat and Lincoln's drenched in the back. Not cool. Then our garage door doesn't open except manually opening it (via remote still, luckily). We have an unclear location for a water leak that's driving our unlived in house's bill over $200 a month. Then the fridge and freeze are full of expired food and i stupidly put some babyfood down the disposal as it thawed out of it's cups only to find out our disposal doesn't work. SMELLY. Yes, I checked it was plugged in. Yes, I pushed the rest button. No further luck. it says "errrrrrr" and then pops the button out and stops.
I immediately went shopping for Lincoln's big boy bed. I got a great deal at Mattress Firm. They had a plush twin floor model over 50% off with no tax. I didn't even have to think twice, that bed was bought, paid for, and on my car faster than other people testing mattresses could fall asleep. It's a little thick, but I wanted a good mattress for all sleepers who may lay their heads down here and one that would last forever.
Then I went to IKEA!! My intention was to by the cheapest twin bed frame for Lincoln. I left with bunk beds :D You have no idea how much I love building. Anyway, Lincoln pretty much cried through the whole store because he was so tired utnil we got to the warehouse and he got to ride on the flat bed cart. I'm the queen of weight distributing really heavy things so that I don't lift anything, just pivoting and pushing/pulling. Lucklily, there are really nice people out there and a family helped me load the one really big box into the back seat and I was able to use a cart at home to get it out and in the house. Needless to say, Lincoln and I stayed up late building. He was very excited to "build" and play with "drills" (screwdrivers). So excited to finish it.
Lincoln's breath STINKS. I hoped it was because he was getting his 2 year molars. It is. He's got the bottom left one coming in. I was hoping it was all of them at once, but likely this will be every 2 weeks for the next 3 teeth. He's not sleeping very well through the night with that on top of transitioning time zones.
Bella is SO happy to be home. She's DRIVING ME NUTS ringing her bells to go outside every 5 seconds. it's hot. like 106 hot. too hot to open and shut and open and shut and have Lincoln ask over and over to "go outside". Last night he tried to crawl through the doggie screen door and faster than I knew it I heard rrriiip and "help" "stuck". Some baby tried to crawl through it and managed to rip the whole thing out and the screen. Rather than replacing the screen I think I'm going to opt for getting a bigger door and using the existing hole. We'll see how that goes on my shopping adventures of the day (Target for a mattress protector and basic sheets until my mom comes and we get Lincoln some big boy bedding) Love to all! Have a great weekend!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!
No comments:
Post a Comment