Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lincoln: 23 Months



LINCOLN: 23 MONTHS

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: I should probably do this tomorrow....

TEETH: Got his bottom left 2 year molar. Still waiting on the other 3



SHOES: Almost size 7. Loves shoes. Loves Mommy and Daddy's shoes especially.
CLOTHES: 18mos-2T (he wears two 3T shirts that are just super small for their size)



He got tired and hot of playing outside and didn't want to sit and look at the camera for me. He was done. We'd been out for less than 30 minutes.... maybe even 15. It was just HOT today. 


LOVES: Rocks (he acts like he's never seen a rock in Arizona and they'll be gone if he doesn't get them ALL), planes, cars, coloring, movies, "mAnimals" (his animal figurines), "mElmo" (his coloring book and his toothpaste, not so much the actual show Sesame Street), making juice, large straws, circles (since yesterday he keeps asking for us to draw circles and tries SO HARD to draw his own and show us), being "pretty" with Mommy (he has one blue toenail right now. He asked for it, so yes I did it, no I don't have a problem with it), beads and poms, tents, his "trike" but he won't ride it yet.

DISLIKES: eating what I want him to, sitting on the potty (he says he's scared), sitting the shopping cart or stroller, 


MILESTONES:
He got his big boy bed!! Sleep training has been our biggest emotional challenge. I think part of it was I was enjoying snuggling him as an only child just a little longer. But honestly, despite a few nights of me bawling my eyes out because he wouldn't fall asleep next to me, he pretty much has told us that he was ready. Last night he pushed me out of bed and said "Mommy, Move" so I sat up and he fell asleep with me sitting next to him. Today for nap we tried leaving him alone in his room cold turkey after he again told me to move and failed epically, but tonight we went right back to our old routine (minus a bath due to a lightening storm) and he's come out a few times but seems to understand what I'm asking of him. *KNOCK ON WOOD*. 

He saw his first movie in the theater, Planes, with Mom, Dad, & Grandma Lauri.

HOLY COW, the TALKING. I love talking to him all day long. He cracks me up with the things that he knows and ads "it" and "ing" to all sorts of words in the correct ways. His most notable are "share it", "buy it", "open it", "dump it", "climbing", "hiding". 

He even told Joe to "wheat make bowl" when he wanted Cream of Wheat for a bedtime snack. 3 words together!!! Woohoo!!!

"Mine" has surfaced. "Nope". "Thank you" (which he uses impressively a lot in front of other people at stores).

I'm so glad that we kept our nursing relationship as long as we did, but boy, this toddler forget how to latch and I had to start telling him no. And he knows, he says "boobs, sore, hurt" and then lets it go. But he's increased since we've transitioned and now we have to wean again, at least a little until Chubby is established and I'm not newborn nursing sore. 

Lincoln named his first stuffed animal "Noah". He also knows some pretty cool animals like "orca", "whale", "squid", "seal", "moose", "tang" (for orangutan), "leopard". He also knows what animal comes next before turning the page of the book Dear Zoo. 

I can't believe he turns 2 next month! I feel like we just celebrated his first birthday. Next time I write this, this little boy will be (BETTER BE) a big brother!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...