Wow, Friday already. I can't keep my days of the week straight. It's been awhile, but it's been a little busy here. Busy might not be the right word.... well, it is busy, but not in a hectic sense. I'm soaking up every second I can of our new baby's newborn-ness since it's already going way too fast.
Last week was full of wonderful events. The #1 being the birth of our second baby!! After 9 months of playing games and guessing if it was a boy or a girl and receiving nearly unanimous votes/opinions that we were having another boy....
Lincoln is handling his role as Big Brother very well. He had a little bit of a tough transition the first day because he doesn't like sharing boobs. Yes, the almost 2 year old is still nursing. Something I NEVER thought I'd be doing and I'm doing it -- tandem nursing. It's been fabulous. Engorgement?? What engorgement???
My mom has been here all week and we're busy getting ready for Lincoln's 2nd birthday. We're keeping it low-key since he's 2 and parties aren't my strong point. I don't remember the last birthday of my own that I celebrated... it must have been my 21st because my roommate planned a surprise party. But today will be spent chilling and making cake! Still deciding what kind of cake, but it will involve Cars. There may even be pajamas all day for everyone. I don't really feel like getting anyone dressed.
The rest of my quick takes will be pictures, because there can never be too many pictures of these amazing moments that all go too fast.
Crazy. One minute she was inside and then she was in my arms....
Lincoln was car sick. The face is more related to feeling less than stellar than not being excited to have a sister.
He's starting to love her.
The McCulloch nose is ever present.
Emi on her quilt made by Aunt Kristina.
Paris and pink will be the theme for her room. Daddy even said he will happily paint her room and he wants to paint it in pink. (Daddy HATES painting)
Emi has lots of quilts to use for fun photo ops. I haven't actually gotten a good sleeping opportunity though because when she's sleeping I'm trying to spend time with Lincoln or snuggle. So each time I try to take pictures she's really squirrely or realizes she's hungry or Lincoln steals my blocks to make a tower and her bows to wear himself. I've also waited a few more days before trying to do more because she got pretty jaundiced and I want it to go away rather than keep trying to color correct.
Enjoy your week!! I'm going to spend mine adjusting to being by myself after my mom leaves with Joe already back at work. I plan on being outdoors with Lincoln since the weather is getting nice and with more newborn snuggling. I will be firmly planted on the couch or in bed at all opportunities naps and bedtimes provide for some special 1:1 mommy-Emi time. Please, let me freeze those moments.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!









Congratulations!!! I found you through Jen, and I just want to say Emi is adorable! You look fanTASTIC in your pictures, seriously, did you have hair and makeup people at the hospital with you..? So impressed!! Glad to hear tandem nursing is good because I am 20 wks pregnant and have no plans to wean my 14 month daughter, but the thought of nursing two is daunting!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!!
Thank you! I love linking up with Jen and meeting new people!! Definitely don't worry about tandem nursing. Your daughter will know if it's right for her or not. If she's ready to quit she'll do it on her own or she will enjoy it right along with the new baby. It's actually been far easier than I thought it would be. Lincoln already knows when he gets to nurse (morning in my bed and in his bed at nap and bedtime) and when Emi gets to nurse and it only took one day of boundary setting. Enjoy every minute!! Special moments only get redefined when baby #2 comes -- it's all wonderful.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete