1.
Have you read how JK Rowling has second thoughts about Ron and Hermione? Well, that's how I kind of feel about my 7 Quick Takes on my discernment about having more kids or not. I received a very wonderful e-mail from a reader who turned a lot more stones over in reasons to consider having more kids or not. I knew that it's not a quick discussion in any way shape or form and there's a lot more to it than I can express in 7 takes but she worded so wonderfully things that I had holes in or missed altogether that I felt the post didn't fit the true purpose of 7QT. Whether or not there are more babies to come, I'm so thankful for her fellowship and I'm grateful that I can revert what I write and continue to edit it for the better. So here's 7 re-takes for the week.
2.
Admittedly, reading her e-mail made me cry. It was that kind of beautiful cathartic cry when something has touched such a personal part in your soul. I was laying in bed nursing Emi and Lincoln was distracting her by jumping and yelling and grabbing at my other boob to my own breaking point of frustration. I wasn't feeling like a very good mother because he's a sensitive boy and I told him to get off my boob, get off my bed, and get out of my room. I was then bawling and feeling like a horrible mother for it. He climbed back up on my bed with a sock from the floor, kneeled right beside me and told me "its saright" and wiped my tears and my nose.
3.
Lincoln is almost potty trained. Or potty learned. Whatever you like best. Well, define what you mean by potty trained. He's woken up dry in the morning 4 out of 5 mornings but one of those mornings I *just* missed him out his bedroom door. He's wearing a diaper at night. During the day he will go by himself if it's easy, but if he's distracted and wearing pants he's prone to accidents. But he's not had an accident yet while we are out and about since I make sure we go before we leave, when we get there, periodically while we are there, before we get in the car to go home, and when we get home (after an hour drive). Today was the day that I tested him and just left him alone to see if he'd alert me when he needed to go while wearing underwear and pants and he had one full on accident and two leaks where he can running to me realizing he was full and proceeded to pee in the potty. Otherwise it's been a week with a schedule of every hour or hour and a half and no wet accidents. "Lincoln pee potty get chocolate." and "Lincoln poop potty get BIG chocolate". He's pretty serious about it. He even told me he had to poop and pooped on a big toilet at our drill center for the first time he pooped on potty. I had brought his McQueen seat with us which helped. He got ice cream for that one! And then today he did it all by himself. *Knock on wood* this has been more fun that I thought it would be. I am enjoying watching his learning process. I keep it simple by telling him "Lincoln, you pee/poop on the potty not in your pants." if he has an accident I just repeat it. I was so worried about it I'm glad it's going well.
4.
I made reference to the Marquette Method which I am excited to start using as the Lactational Amenorrhea Method is coming to its end as Emi approaches 6 months old. I do feel frustrated that insurance companies won't cover it. It's by far cheaper for them in the now and in the future. I hope someday soon they figure it out. I know it must be the future midwife in me because I'm super stoked. I'm trying to price match the best place to get a monitor from since non of our local stores carry them anymore and they seem to run normal price at $199. I saw one on Amazon.com for $118 but I missed it. To any Marquette users out there, where did you get yours? What do you do for your sticks?
5.
Did you know that if you drink red wine after bleaching your teeth they turn pink?! I didn't. Luckily I didn't learn the hard way, the girl at the front desk of my dental office told me when I picked up my trays and bleach. (which is free through my dental insurance so why won't medical cover a fertility monitor I just can't understand).
6.
If I were to save any material possession in this house in a fire I would save our pictures and videos. I have been working so hard to get all of our iphone video from 2012 and 2013 burned onto DVD. I LOVE watching old home movies and seeing Lincoln grow and turn into a kid I can interview is just amazing. I love asking him questions now and getting his answers. Unfortunately I spent a ton of time on 2013 and did 3 parts only to realize as I burned part 1 that each part is too big for the disk now that the clips are from an i5 not an i4. learning curve. Worth it. I also want to publish my posts from Emi's pregnancy into a book. I think Blurb is good but anyone have any other recommendations for blog to book publishing??
7.
LOVE. It's so amazingly infinite and indescribable that pictures are better. I hope they keep loving each other this much as they get older. My "two babies".
for the rest of the quick takes head on over to Conversion Diary

Regarding number 5 - it is amazing what is covered by insurance and what isn't! Bleaching teeth but not a fertility monitor? Makes you wonder who gets to decide what is "in" and "out" as far as necessary coverage and what their priorities are. Haha.
ReplyDelete