Saturday, February 15, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Vol. 11

1.
Happy Valentine's Day Friday! (now Saturday, almost Sunday) I'm so not a crazy Valentine's Day person and certainly not in the Hallmark holiday way. But I've been enjoying these beautiful flowers for the past few days. Bob sent them for my mom as a surprise when she got here because she's visiting this weekend. They smell wonderful.

2.
Check out how lucky I was to capture a relatively still shot of this beautiful humming bird (humping bird if you're Lincoln) who frequents our backyard flowers.

3.
Wanna know how else I'm lucky? I'm going to The Edel Gathering!!!! I was a little blue after I saw the first 150 tickets were sold out. I told Joe about that night and he was like, "well, maybe next year we'll have the money." yeah, you're right, I'll plan for next year. Then I saw that they'd increased capacity and again thought, I wish. Then I saw a post that there were only 10 tickets left! I called Joe at work immediately and he knew something was up because I NEVER call him at work. He asked me, "what's going on?" I told him, "I WANNA GOOOO!!!" and he said what a good man says, "Then figure it out and buy it." I was SO excited when I got my ticket confirmation and I was jittery the rest of the day. I'm going to get to see my friend Molly Walter from high school after more than 12 years! EEK!

4.
SMILE :D

5.
 I can't stress enough how important I think car seat safety is. I am so frustrated by how many babies I see while shopping and how many photos I see in publications and on Facebook with infants and children improperly buckled into their carseat. My friend Stephanie got her CPST certification and I am looking at doing the same. The car seat is the thing that can keep your babies safe in a crash but only if you use it RIGHT! GAH! I learned some good tips from The Car Seat Lady in some of her you tube videos. She's the reason my almost 2.5 year old is still rear facing at only 24lbs. Check it out and pass it on. 


6.
Anyone else a fan of Oreos? I personally like double stuffed the best - dipped in milk- but they did just come out with a lemon creme variety. My mom brought me some to try and they're pretty much gone. She arrived yesterday.... don't judge. 


7.
I have a new iphone ap addiction called Duolingo. It's amazingly fun AND it's helping me learn Spanish. The best part about it is that it works a lot like a game. It goes from english to spanish, spanish to english, matching, speaking, writing, listening, pictures. I'm even getting over my embarassment to speak to the microphone in front of Joe (I really can't roll my r's very well so I hate how I sound trying to speak). 

Have a wonderful Sunday! 


For more quick takes visit Jen at Conversiondiary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...