Friday, February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Vol. 12

It's FRIDAY! Not Joe's Friday, but it's one day closer to it! Linking up with Jen for 7 Quick Takes!
1.

Sooooo my mom brought us her February illness AGAIN. Last year she got us sick and I bruised a rib from coughing that was so painful and lasted for months, this year she brought a pesky cough and the general bleh's. So maybe it wasn't her exactly since she'd had her cough already for most of a month and we did go out in public a lot. But I kind of really just want to whine about it and sleep and lay around, but toddlers don't really let you do that. So in attempt to get some still time we've had Shrek (the first 3 movies) virtually on rotating repeat for a few days. Lincoln's obsessed but the awe has worn off and he no longer sits still through it. Anyone want to contribute the 4th to our collection?
2.

I'm totally digging Lincoln's new skills of independence - like snapping his own car seat buckle, getting down out of the car by himself, pulling his own pants down to pee on the potty AND pulling them back up. But there are a few I'm not so in love with - like unlocking the garage door and going into the garage by himself, spraying lysol all over the shower (which I didn't even know we HAD since I clean with homemade stuff) and pet carpet cleaner all over the living room while I'm standing right there in the kitchen doing dishes not noticing. OH, and my favorite from last night - CLIMBING UP ON THE COUNTER and getting into the sink!!

I was nursing Emi and Lincoln has been a pain.in.the.butt at bedtime. He jumps, he laughs, he kicks, he jumps, he runs on the bed. I just want him to STOP!! So I told him last night (very nicely believe it or not) to please take the trucks he brought in back to his room. He climbed down and left my room "bye mom". Sweet. Then I heard some cups being thrown into the sink and I thought, wow he's cleaning up some dishes, what a sweet boy he's being. (that should have thrown up some flags huh?). Then I heard some indistinguishable clatter that I now know was "purple stool" but thought nothing of it at the time. Next came the water. Wait, water???? I unlatched Emi who was so tired she just rolled over and I walked out into the living room to see this:

He was having a jolly old time.
3.

It was so warm here in Phoenix this higher-than-average-temperature time of year we went swimming. The pool is heated but it was 82 degrees out and I wasn't sure if that was warm enough. Emi didn't think so but the rest of us had fun!! Lucky for Emi she just her first swimsuit from my consignment trip - 9m and fits perfect.  She got to be a protected-from-the-sun-bathing beauty. Lincoln wore his floaty and told us to "let go, let Lincoln swim." So he did. "All by hiself".






4.

There's nothing in the world that has ever made me a confrontational person until recently. I hate confrontation. I flee from it. I hate conflict. I avoid it all costs. (even though I do enjoy a good controversy - they're not the same). But man, smoking gets me. Especially when it's people I love who have chosen to start doing it "socially". I'm a nurse. I've had family die. I don't believe in social smoking because it leads to every day smoking in some ridiculous amount of people. It's a slippery slope that's not worth testing. I have learned from some of my very good friends who are confrontational how to suck it up and say something. I saw this add at the mall and I took a picture of it and immediately sent it off to those who I wish to impact because I will hound them until they quit. You might argue that makes people more headstrong and stubborn, but at least my intentions are blatant. QUIT. The bottom says, "Stop before it's too late". Find a way. You can do it.




Joe just applied for a job with Abrazo healthcare and they won't hire someone until they pass a nicotine screening. How freaking awesome is that?!


5.

Joe came home last night and told me about a call he went on. - Car runs over stroller. Was it as bad as is sounds? It could have been! A drunk driver hit a stroller (a BOB) in the crosswalk sending the stroller flying in pieces. Where was the (8mo) baby?? found appearing safe but taken to the hospital for assessment and observation. I pray she was cleared and has no unseen injuries. She had been securely strapped into her seat which absorbed a lot of impact and she had likely been protected by the frame of the stroller as it flew and rolled. Why do I harp on a horrible story? Because that baby could have been unsecured in her seat or in a car seat attached to the stroller and killed. I know my two year old doesn't always get buckled in, but I will now. STRAP YOUR BABIES IN ALL THE TIME!!! GAH! Ok, no more harping.


6.

I'm working on a project for Emi's room. I should be working on it some more so I can show you all the finished piece! I hope it turns out as cool as it looks in my head.


7.

We have a Morning Dove nest on our front porch!! It was there all of a sudden one morning and you can hear them outside the guest suite window cooing (or "racooning" if you're Lincoln"). I want to climb on a ladder soon and see if there's an egg in there!!! I think it's so neat. I love animals and baby making. Spring is coming! Even you in the cold will see it someday. in the future. hopefully the near future.



Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...