Saturday, January 3, 2015

Three wise men and a special baby

I wasn't planning on publishing this until the last day of Christmas, but since someone (ahem, Joe) couldn't wait anymore I'll tell you all now.

Lincoln is at that great age of "why?" This Christmas has been a fun season to begin really explaining the holiday to him. One of our books is a book of Silent Night. It's got a button that sings the song with new verses telling the Christmas story, but the batteries died and I have yet to replace them. So instead I sang the whole book to him the day after Thanksgiving. Ever since he's had it with him in the car and has always asked me to fix it. A few days later we were driving out somewhere and when I told him the song still didn't work I asked him to look at the pictures and tell me the story. He told me he didn't know the story. So I began to tell him,

"A long time a go there was a young girl named Mary. An Angel came to her and told her that she would have a baby, the son of God, and she would name him Jesus. Joseph was engaged to marry Mary and God came to him in his sleep and told him of the baby. He and Mary were married. Before the baby was born they had to journey to Bethlehem, and because there were so many travelers there was no room for them in the inn, so they stayed in a stable, which was really more like a cave, and that's where baby Jesus was born. Then the angels came and told the wise men they would find the savior wrapped in swaddling clothes in a manger. A bright start over Bethlehem guided the three wise men, who brought gifts to the special baby Jesus. That's one of the reasons we give gifts at Christmas to those we love. They knew he was a special baby."

and Lincoln, being the cutest thing he could possibly be, says, "like our special baby?" yes, Lincoln, like our special baby.

postivetestbw

Maybe it's the hormones, but I cried. I think I actually cried three times that day - twice in the car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...