Monday, February 2, 2015

Gender Games: Round 2

 

 

Gender Games titleContentServerWell, like I said yesterday in my vlog, I was going to a super bowl themed round (change the colors to team colors), but I got busy and ran out of time, and I was sad the Seahawks lost, so normal-colored round it is!

Since we might actually find out sooner rather than later what we are actually having, I've got to crank out the Gender Games rounds a bit quicker than last time. Some of them I can't quite do yet though since I'm not very round yet, so there may be a post-reveal round that wraps up those ones. Some of these seem along the same theme even though they're all explained differently (like the acne, looks, and hair one), so we're going to call them all separate ideas and give them each their own prediction.

Here's the play-by-play:

Red Cabbage Test: Did you know red cabbage continues a chemical that reacts with the pH in urine to form a rainbow of colors?? That's what this whole test is really about - the pH of your urine and does it relate hormonally to the sex of a fetus? See The Red Cabbage Test post for our experiment.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="712"] Img Source: http://images.flatworldknowledge.com/averillfwk/averillfwk-fig16_013.jpg[/caption]

Ring on a string: Ok, I had this one wrong last time. Apparently circles means GIRL and swinging like a pendulum means BOY. I've also been told that the ring will swing in birth order the sex of all previous pregnancies. Here's what it did for me. With Lincoln it swung in BIG circles (so ultimately, wrong). With Emilyn it started in small circles and then distinctly switched a pendulum (again, ultimately wrong). With this baby it started in small circles, then went to a pendulum left to right, and then SWITCHED to a pendulum forward and backward. I kid you not. I tried it twice. So, since it's been WRONG both times before, even though it says BOY by swinging back and forth, I'm wondering if it's telling me another girl is on the way. 'cause you know, this is real scientific, people. I did it again tonight just to take a quick video for you, it was still wonky but it's hard to hold your own camera and the string. Anyway, you're welcome.

[wpvideo VyhRBO0J]

Urine color: We all know pee is more a product of foods you've been eating (like if you eat a lot of beets you'll pee pink) and hydration. I tend to be dehydrated.

Key test: This is one that makes no sense. If a woman picks up a single key laying on a table by the narrow end it's a girl, if she picks it up by the big end it's a boy. why would anyone pick up a key by the point??

Leg hair: let's face it, it's WINTER. Who in the world is shaving their legs anyway?? Haha.

Loaf of bread: Why would anyone eat the ends of the loaf of bread?? I've always refused to eat them, even on banana bread. Nope. No way.

Daddy gaining weight? OK, this one can easily be found both ways. I've always heard it that if Dad is gaining weight too it's a girl. Intelligender says it the other way. Either way, Joe's not fat.

Craving meat & cheese? AKA protein. Uh, this one's kind of a duh based on your body's need for protein. Ever heard of a woman wanting to eat dirt? It's often a sign of iron deficiency. Your body can subtly tell you what it needs through nutritive cravings (obviously your body never needs ice cream, or soda; but it might need calcium and water) And no, I don't want meat or cheese. I want carbs.

Acne: Ok, with Lincoln I had HORRIBLE acne on my back, though my face was spared. It was like being an offing teenager again. It was awful. With Emilyn I was pretty good and the salt water of the Gulf made my skin very nice. In the beginning I did have some spots and I thought, here we go again, but it's resolved.

Beauty: I don't know why girls are supposed to steal beauty. This another one that was backwards for me. Lincoln I was miserable, Emilyn I was really happy and felt pretty. This time I'm just TIRED and I feel so unattractive. Subjectively, acne and beauty to me are different things, so i rate these two differently, though I can see how they can be clustered into one tale.

Locks of hair: Another one that I view independently though I can see how dull, listless hair would be part of stealing beauty. Hair is a product of nutrition, so I'm sure in my current state my hair could use a boost. This is also correlated to the leg hair one on some websites. My hair is growing about the same as during Emi's pregnancy, so I'll give this one to girl.

First words: Lincoln and Emi both said Mama first.

Bigger boob: It's always the right.

Thunder thighs: courtesy of some powerful maternal genes, I've always had strong thighs (to put it nicely). But definitely during Emi's pregnancy and this pregnancy I seem to lean out even though my hips spread. It might be too early to call this one definitively.

What's everyone else having? Well, it seems almost everyone is having a girl. When I was pregnant with Lincoln all the girls I worked with were having boys. And I've definitely seen first hand how there are just some days where an entire mother-baby unit will be filled with only one sex and then a few weeks later it'll flip. It's weird. So I guess girl.

Birth order of my mother: somewhere I saw this may only "work" for three kids, in which case I might be wrong and I have to call it girl, but if it's just strictly birth order of pregnancies that resulted in a birth staggered for my own placement in the birth order, it's boy.

Insomnia: I can't seem to find an actual link now, but it seems that the forums of many sites concur that girls and insomnia strongly go together.

Gums bleeding: 

Pillow: Sorry pillow, you face west. Our house faces North/South and my head is right on a west-ward facing wall. pretty much as cardinal as you can get.

Round 2 -- Girl: 12 Boy: 6 Undetermined: 1



Total: Girl: 18: Boy: 12: Undetermined: 2 


I guess I'm going to have to change my tune and start thinking GIRL based off this score.


I won't tell you the genital tubercle angle determination until we know for sure and can do a big family reveal.


What do you think? Do you think all these games are leading us in the right direction?


See Gender Games Round 1 if you missed it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...