Monday, June 8, 2015

Emilyn: 20 & 21 Months

Emi20monthsEmi

There's just something about the second half of the second year that is like a light switch. All of a sudden you are such a big girl it's like where in the world did the baby go??

You've got long legs and are wearing 24m/2T clothes. You are a size 7 shoe!! WHAT?! You're just a little bit taller than Lincoln was at this age, but you weigh a lot more.

Eye teeth are all coming in (that wasn't fun). I'm still waiting for the hair on top of your head but it's getting there.

We are already at the "No, I do it" stage. You have so many words I can't even count them. You repeat everything. You're getting down your animals sounds and your colors (your favorite is yellow) and you can apparently count to 10 alongside Lincoln! You sing songs - your favorites are Twinkle and ABC still, but you also know Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes as well as "E-I-E-I-O" and "itsy baby spider". You love to say "tee too" for thank you. "meemee mou" (Minnie Mouse) is your favorite next to "meow meows" (cats). One of the cutest things you say is "uh oh, what happened?"

We decided that it was time we moved you and Lincoln into the same room. We un-bunked the bunk beds and I took you to Target to pick out your own set of sheets. I showed you Minnie Mouse, Princess Sophia, Cinderella, and Frozen. You were insistent on the Cinderella sheets. It's not even the cartoon Cinderella, it's the new live action Cinderella. The pillow case is reversible and one side has a coach and the other is Cinderella. Again, you were insistent on the Cinderella side and flipped it over by yourself when I tried to put the coach side up. You've been doing really well with the transition. You climbed in bed with Lincoln the first night and you've come out a few times, but for the most part you understand staying in bed even if you cry and throw your animals out and flip all around forever. You want to nurse to sleep at nap, but at night you've been pretty good at falling asleep by yourself once you realize Lincoln is asleep too. Part of me thinks it's crazy to take you out of your crib where I could just walk out and not go back. Why in the world am I battling the light switches, the calling out, the climbing out, etc right now when I don't have to? But at the same time, I can't imagine doing this when ChiaMia comes and you feel like she's taking your crib. You and Lincoln are best friends and he's so excited for you to be with him in the same room.

I love how much of a nurturer your are. You offer your friends my boobs and your cups all the time. They even say "nom nom" or making sucking sounds. Your babies are all in the "nay nay" (naked) phase. No one gets to wear any clothes.

Sometimes I feel like you don't get enough of my devoted attention. Tonight you came and sat on my lap to watch an episode of Dora and you just wanted to sit there and lean on me. You did really well going to pre-school with Lincoln, and you were loved by your teachers, but I'm glad to take you out for a break before the baby comes. You're going to be such a good big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...