Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Amelia: 1-4 months

Poor Mia, the third baby gets no monthly blog updates like the first two... No, that's not really the true why - school the ultimate life time suck is really why. I'm *so* close to being done though and it's helped me relax a lot more.

Nicknames: Mia Mae & Smiley Face (she is seriously the smiliest baby ever)

Milestones: laughed really really early, like months ago already. Rolls from back to tummy all the time.

Loves: Snuggles, Lincoln, smiling

Sleep: Mia is a great sleeper like the others. Sadly right now all the kids have colds. Mia has been so stuffy at night she can hardly nurse. Enter the NoseFrida - what a LIVE SAVER! She is still sleeping in our room, but now that Joe is working different hours and goes to bed when the bigger kids do, Mia hangs out with me until she falls asleep and then gets put down in the swing (now the co-sleeper) until I go to bed around midnight. I do a midnight feed and put her in her bed and get a few good hours of solo sleep and then when she wakes in the middle of the night and then she comes in our bed, which is usually around when Joe is getting up to go to work. Then then in the morning she smiles the biggest, happiest smiles ever.

Feeding: Mia is a booby baby round the clock. She's got the same lip tie that the other had so she clicks a lot, but I don't have any pain and she's gaining weight fine. Emi thinks everytime Mia cries that he's hungry and wants to nurse too. It's like nursing twins but at least she can position herself. Pumping is such a PAIN in the A$$ that I just haven't much. She's taken a few bottles. We did some bottle shopping and she seemed to take to the Munchkin Latch ones. Emi is pretty funny though when I set up to pump. She calls is "punking" and always wants to help. I really wanted Mia to get a bottle at least once a day a few times a week so that when I go to clinical in a few months its not an issue at all, but man, it's SUCH A PAIN I just don't do it right now. Heck, if she refuses that badly in a few months she can just go right to cup. I guess we'll find out the hard way!

[gallery ids="1899,1898,1901,1904,1900,1903,1902" type="columns"]

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...