Today we went to the OB/GYN office because I've been having various descriptions of bleeding for two days with some small clots. I'm not really worried. Yesterday I had a moment just before I noticed the bleeding where I thought, I don't feel pregnant today. Then I saw the bright red bleeding and clots when I went to the bathroom. I called the doctors office and they got me in this morning. Throughout yesterday though I was never upset or crying. I knew that if the bleeding continued and I started cramping, then nature was telling me that this was the best way and I would be ok with that. I would absolutely be sad, but also very relieved.
Dr Reyes is VERY nice. He never made me feel like coming in was uncessary. He had us stay for an ultrasound to make sure there was in fact a pregnancy and we got the best news we could get for where I am at. I knew that my cycle was about 5 days off of "typical". Our charting pinpointed ovulation on day 19, not day 14. So I adjusted about 5 days in my head but per LMP I'm 6.1 weeks. The ultrasound was consistent with 5.3 weeks - perfect adjustment to my charting. So there wasn't a fetal pole to see but a very distinct yolk sac (just one- no fraternal twins) was visible and it was nice and round and healthy looking inside my uterus. So for the next two weeks we will continue to wait and see and then in February we will know for sure if we have a heartbeat and more accurate dates.
I'm very nauseated at all times throughout the day, but no vomiting. Smells (ugh, dog poop and weird things like cereal and waffles) and changes to my vision (like sunglasses or the phone while in the car or turning around in my seat to look at Lincoln) are my biggest triggers. So I'm encouraged by that. I'm not thrilled about feeling like puking but I'm well aware of the correlation between healthy a pregnancy and degree of morning sickness so I'll take it and I'll enjoy that it means good things.
Lincoln put a stethoscope in his ears and heard his own hearbeat while we were waiting. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. I want to make him a "Doctor Bag" for bringing with us to appointments. I think he'll really enjoy that. I'll have fun during nap time making a plan for what to put in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment