Monday, January 14, 2013

It's for real

Today I took Lincoln with me to MacDill's clinic for a "military" pregnancy test (that's what the girl on the phone told me). It was on a walk-in basis, nice and easy. They took blood and told me they would call me later with the results. I had to ask my friend Jen for the name of an OB so that I didn't just get assigned to any random person if the results were positive.

My phone rang three times within 10 minutes. Each time my heart jumped and it wasn't a Florida number until the third call. "I'm calling with the results of your pregnancy test.", "OK. great!"... ???? "Your test came back positive." She was very professional. Of course I said, "YAY!", but I can imagine that is not always her response when she has to give that same result and I appreciated her neutrality towards it. She was offering me a fact and it didn't come with any sentiment of her own. Kudos to her.

I have to wait for a computer system to catch up with itself before I actually have my referral and she said a copy would come in the mail next week so I haven't called the practice yet to set up any further appointments but I'm so excited! We've already told a few friends now because we can't keep it out of our casual conversation!

Lincoln is going to be such a good big brother. I see two little boys running around with cars very soon. I have that same feeling I did with Lincoln that it's a boy and the Chinese Gender Predictor told me "girl" which is what it also said about Lincoln. We will see.... Joe is fairly certain he can stand not finding out until the delivery. It just sounds SO FAR AWAY to me, I'm impatient and I like to be prepared and I like control and and and and...

Next on the list is just waiting until a dating ultrasound where we will hopefully see our little bugs heartbeat. I pray to God for a good next few weeks and that we will have a little heart beat at our appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...