Yesterday Emi was officially 1 month old!! I meant to take her official photo shoot at Grandma and Papa's but the location didn't pan out with the lighting or the image I had in mind of what it was going to look like. These first few photos were all in the last week though so they're very close to 1 month.
Emi is an awesome breastfeeder. She cluster feeds on demand but sleeps at great times for hours. Tandem nursing has given me this ridiculous supply so she pretty much feeds on 1 boob at a time. If she stays on too long or does both sides (except at the very end of the day) vomit ensues. YUCK. She has done that far more than Lincoln ever did. I also haven't been sore like I was with Lincoln. She has the same tight frenulum on her upper lip but I think I just knew how to compensate on her latch and I've made sure to avoid pacifiers during this first month. I'd like to keep it going without one since she seems to be learning to self sooth very well, but we'll see if she does the same screaming thing Lincoln did at 6-8 weeks that made me crack and give him his.
She's starting to wake up now. She has definite periods of eyes-open awakeness. She also has started to cry when she's uncomfortably wet or dirty or hungry. That's pretty much it. She's super easy going. *knock on wood*. She still has the newborn blue eyes -which weirds us out because Lincoln's eyes were instantly brown. There was never a question that his eyes weren't dark dark brown.
Emi has already been shopping many times (all the way to the mall and Target) and road tripped to Flagstaff to go on a "bear hunt" and enjoy the golden aspens. Her next trip might be Sedona!
I'm still not used to seeing little girl parts when I change her diaper. It's starting to sink in that I have a daughter, but it's not totally there yet. I'm so happy she's starting to wake up because now it's more like having another personality to interact with and less of a lump. I will miss newborn Emi, they were special days and I clung to each and every one, but hello to infant!! I look forward to every tomorrow.
COMPARISON: Lincoln's 1 Month photo






The pictures are stunning!
ReplyDeleteThank you Haley!
ReplyDelete