Monday, October 28, 2013

Lincoln: 25 months

Maybe I should stop counting in months now that he's 2 and call it what it is, 2 years & 1 month.... I thought about even doing posts less frequently but 2 year olds learn SO MUCH in a month and I can't even remember it all!!

You had your 2 year well check this last week. You are 22.8 lbs and 33 inches tall. I kinda thought you were closer to 25 lbs but I guess not. You still wear 18month to 2T clothes since you're so skinny.

Lincoln, I have been trying to move your bedtime to 8:30 at daddy's request so that we have some time to ourselves in the evenings when Daddy isn't working. I've also read that making sure you go to bed early is key to helping you sleep longer since you've been waking up before sunrise and in the middle of the night. It's been a struggle because you don't want to go down yet. You don't take very good naps on most days and you are tired, but like last night you giggle, you get out of bed, you ask for water or Belle (yes, you like to sleep with princesses) and you do it many times even when I just put you right back in bed. You've been giggling and calling yourself "funny" when you kick you feet in the air so I can't put a blanket on your legs. I can't help myself and I just want to laugh but I keep a straight face so I don't encourage you. It's frustrating and endearing at the same time. I enjoy your antics but I prefer you just go to sleep. You've started singing "Twinkle" with me when I sing to you. You also know select words of "Simple Gifts" and "Goodnight my Someone".

I hate brushing your teeth. You're kind of a pain to fight. But I let you do it yourself last night and you've started brushing your molars and you even understand how to brush your top teeth with the toothbrush the right way. You have started letting me brush while we sing the ABC's out loud -though it's hard for you to follow along with a toothbrush in your mouth.

You acted like you were ready for potty training and you loved to sit on the froggy potty for candy corn for a few days and then you completely lost interest and stiff board me and whine and cry when I suggest sitting on the potty even though I know you have to go. You prefer to pee on grass, the patio, or in the tub and you think that's funny.

You're still in love with Going on a Bear Hunt and your Good Night, Arizona book. You love all your Good Night books.
   
We've gone on a few day trips this past month to Sedona and Flagstaff and we told you it was go on a "bear hunt". You didn't forget it either. Now anytime we go for a ride in the car you want to go on a hunt. Daddy loves that you love being outside. The hiking pack we got off craigslist in Seattle has been the greatest investment ever.


You are OBSESSED with Super Buddies and Toy Story. I ordered Toy Story 2 to make the whole set but since Joe hasn't seen 2 we haven't watched 3. I realize it really isn't a big deal to watch 3 without 2... maybe this weekend we'll have a movie night. We've also watched Spooky Buddies and Treasure Buddies but then you submerged the apple remote in a glass of water and it doesn't work anymore... so ordered a new one along with Santa Buddies on DVD since it is not on Netflix.


You've started putting 3 and 4 words together like "mama chair tuck in" and "roll it hallway" and "pink syrup cup" (you wanted a shirley temple, sorry, a "Lincoln temple" because we have grenadine in our fridge) "watch it woody buzz" or "watch it buddies TV".

You are rowdy with Bella and that is the most common reason you go into the quiet corner. She doesn't like it and she warns you and, as daddy would say, you listen like a rock and then you go too far.

Feeding you my second least favorite thing since you will go days without eating anything I make for you and it's super frustrating since you're such a lightweight. The pediatrician we just saw was so nice and she suggested blending silken tofu into your smoothies. I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that!! I already sneak avocado and flax seed into your smoothies for the fat the calories. You are nursing 3 or 4 times a day which I can't quite believe you are doing but I just can't cut you off. You've never had an ear infection, you've never been on antibiotics, and the only time you've ever been sick was after grandma came last February and you were hardly nursing at all. You're very attached though and if you quit I'd be OK with that.

You're such a sweet big brother 99% of the time. You love to lay down next to Emi and put your heads together. You love hugging her and kissing her. You even try to pick her up sometimes. you even share your cars with her and cover her in stickers before putting any on yourself.


You love Brendan too. We spent an afternoon with him at Grandma and Papa's carving pumpkins and you followed Brendan around alllll day. You wanted to know where he was at all times and if he took a walk you walked right behind him. If he turned around you turned around too.




You are at that stage where you show people all your toys and get everything out and take people to your room. You and Remi had a dinner date a few weeks ago. I've never seen you eat Spaghetti so fast. You loved having friends over. We asked where Chloe and Sophie were going to sleep when they come to visit and you told us they were going to sleep on your floor.
I'm so glad you're growing into a big boy. "Terrible Twos" hit you occasionally but I mostly just laugh. You've been that kid in Target once but you were hungry after a bad nap and I pushed the envelope. When you're mad and having a tantrum you stomp your feet and run to the carpet and throw yourself dramatically onto your back and kick. Again, it's so hard to not just LAUGH. 

I'm so excited for the coming holidays to see just how much fun you have trick-or-treating in your doctor's costume, seeing family in Seattle at Thanksgiving, and waiting for Santa to come at Christmas. It's gonna get FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...