Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Emilyn: 6 Months Old


Emi,

WOW. You are 6 months old - half of a year has gone by since you were born. It's going so fast. I love it, but it makes me sad too. Just in the last few weeks we have seen the shift from little baby to big baby. You started sitting up the very first week of March. It has opened a whole new world of entertainment for you and ease for Mommy and Daddy. We can sit you down and give you toys and walk away to let you play. Just in the last few days you cry really hard when Lincoln wants what you have and takes it from you. He's not very good at sharing right now, it's a little hard for him. You could care less about rolling over, you just try to do sit ups.



Daddy advocated for you to have your first food yesterday. We gave you avocado with Grandma & Grandpa Wagner here to see it. You shuddered after the first bite, but you wanted more and ate a lot. You've been trying to steal food from our plates and drinks from our cups for awhile. I wasn't ready for you to start eating anything but milk, but you knew you were ready.


You took your first bottle of pumped milk this month. We tried it when we G&G Wagner came to watch you and Lincoln for a day. Mommy didn't know the nipple was a faster flow nipple so you didn't like it. You were a sad baby that day. But I tried again with a slower flow at the Luke AFB air show and you did very well. I'm glad you went virtually a whole 6 months with no bottles, but Mommy's starts school soon and I want you do be flexible so that if Daddy or G&G Wagner come help out you let them feed you.


I'm not ready for you to leave our room yet. We could just put you in your crib in an undecorated, unpainted nursery. But I want to make it up for you. I want it paint it and let it set for awhile before you sleep in there. You wake up in the night still and it's nice to just pull you into bed and not have to go get you. When you drop that night feeding then we'll talk about sleeping by yourself. Your just so snuggly.


I did again. I forgot to call for your appointment in time so it's not until NEXT week. I'm not sure what you weigh or how long you are, but you wear 6-9 month clothes now a little too well. I just trashed your dresser trying to sort through the 3-6 month clothes and get rid of some (you have way too many) and I couldn't do it *just* yet. I still want you to wear some of them when we go to Chicago next month. You already love shoes, I can tell. (happy with shoes on, sad with shoes off)


You are a chatter box! Lincoln has told you to stop talking and stop yelling already. You have ma's, ga's, ba's, da's and it's fun to listen to you babble just to hear yourself.

Your favorite toy is the Whoozit and Sophie the Giraffe.

No teeth yet but it looks like they're coming soon.



Daddy's favorite thing is when you smile at him and the burry your face in my shoulder like you're shy.
Mommy's favorite thing is your laugh.
Lincoln's favorite thing is showing you his toys and sitting next to you.
Bella loves to lick your face and your mouth. You love holding onto your booboo. My two girls.


I can't wait to see what comes next. These months are my favorite. You love to sit on laps and you're big enough to squeeze and hug and love on. You are so alert you always look over the edge of your car seat to see what Lincoln's doing in his. Soon we are going to convert you to the Britax, but I love how light the BabyTrend is so we still just take you out of the car in the seat and bring you inside.

I still can't believe you're here and I pray every day that I get to be with you tomorrow and forever. 



Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...