Lincoln,
Today (now yesterday) is your half-birthday! You continue to say and do things that surprise us and make us laugh.
You made some new friends this month and you ask every day to "see my friends at my house". You love to run and dive into your tent, jump on pillows, and get everything out to play. You look and act like the 4 year old, you're just 1/2 his size -last I weighed you, you were 25.8 lbs. You boys play baseball and have a totally coherent conversation about putting the ball in the pitching machine and swinging when it comes out and catching and throwing it back. You swing too late, but you keep trying with a very intent stance. You love to throw, catch, and drop kick everything. Everything.
You crack me up by asking every time we go out of the house for "Panda and chicken and noodles." Yes, it's my fault you like Panda Express - specifically half cow mein, half steamed rice, with orange chicken. At the same time though YOU EAT A LOT and it's kind of amazing. Really, we don't go that often and we don't even pass one every time we get in the car, but you've got it on the brain and you don't forget anything anymore.
You love to ask to "go to the red Target" and when I ask what for you say, "berries" or "pink pop". There is a Starbucks in the Target and we pretty much always get a cake pop if they have them in birthday cake. It seems like we must go there every day at the rate you ask about it, but I promise we don't go every day. As much as I love just wandering around Target and I wish I could just buy whatever, we go there for a specific list. There are some pictures of boys playing baseball on the wall of the boys section and you tell me, "Look! It's Matty!"
Recently I learned you really are a size 8 shoe and you'd been wearing some of your 7's still. Luckily you'd mostly been wearing size 8's that I bought you when you went to Matt's baseball game without shoes at all (they were too big then s your feet grew really fast). I learned from B's shoes being too small a few years ago that when a big toe's nail does weird things, it's from too small shoes putting pressure on it, so I made sure you got measured so we knew exactly what size you were. Now you always want to try on all the shoes in colors and characters you like - girl shoes are no exception. You found purple Dora shoes and red Minnie shoes you wanted on your feet so badly. I wanted to buy the purple Sophia high tops for Emi and I know you'd wear them.
You are very interested in your letters and numbers. We started letting you watch LeapFrog and you always ask for "Phonics Farm". It's fun to sit next to you and listen to you sing along to the sounds. You tell me whenever you jump on the pillows now that you're a "bouncy bear" and you call you stuffed dolphin a "dancing dolphin". Your 4 year old friend, Blake, writes his whole alphabet, knows how to spell his name and his sister's, and asked me how to spell yours and wrote it on our back porch. You were so fascinated I know you can learn to do that too by the time you are 4. You made Daddy write your name all morning this morning. And I still draw a million sharks whenever we draw.
We watched Frozen together over the weekend with popcorn. You sat through the whole thing but the next day you decided you were "scared of that movie" and didn't want to watch it again. I don't think you were really scared about anything, you just like your Toy Story, Cars, Super Buddies, and Dinosaur Train. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to watch it over and over by myself.
You love Emi so much you asked me for "another sister" and to told "hold a baby" Shhh, I didn't tell Daddy that one. I think you got that because Blake and Lily LOVE to give Emi hugs and you get jealous. They ask to hold the baby whenever you guys play and you just want to do what they do. But you said this at Target the other day when you heard a baby cry. You wanted to "go see it" (Just saying, Daddy. *hint*) Every time Emi wakes up from her nap you gasp, "Emi's awake! Let's so see her!" and you run into our room and jump on the bed and start giggling in her face. Sometimes she's not actually awake though, Dude.
You love doing things with Daddy. Going for bike rides, throwing rocks, reading about animals, demanding he play with you. It's getting fun that you can do things together. You tell me, "I miss Dada. I want to go see Dada!" Every night before bed you point to the Diamondbacks Stadium photo canvas on your wall and say "I wanna go baseball game wif Dada". Lucky for you Opening Day is on Monday and Dada might go.
You talk about the animals at the "animal zoo" and you're still telling me about the peacock and the duck that made you cry and scared you. You are really beginning to pretend, you like to be animals, and I'm so excited about that. It's going to be fun to watch you with Chloe and Sophie next week in Chicago. You ask to go to San Diego Beach all the time. We will go soon Lincoln. We need to meet Parker!
You have been outrageously crabby since yesterday, and last night you woke up at 11pm and scared me by coming out of your room to tell me you had to pee (thank you for doing that), but you were peeing and shaking and whining. I know that body shake, so I took your temp - 103.1. The other ear was comparable. Poor boy. But you had been sleeping under your "soft Dusty blanket" with no fan. So I put you back to bed and put on only your sheet with your fan on high and this morning you were 99.2. Still a little off, but very active. By the time we got back from the zoo, you were crying non-stop over me saying no about a donut at Bashas, then no about ice-cream. I held you to pick a different snack and you seemed really warm. I checked your temp again and it was back up at 102. So yup, you're sick for the 2nd time in your 2.5 years. Now all the crying (I mean all.the.crying.) made sense, so we snuggled on the couch (well you made a nest in the pillows and I laid next to you) and you watched "Baby Animals" aka Baby Noah of the Baby Einstein series and Toy Story. You went to bed before 8pm tonight. I hope you sleep well and wake up feeling better because you've got a lot to do in the next 6 months!
Love,
Mama







No comments:
Post a Comment