You are the happiest, smiliest, easiest-going baby ever. You wake up happy, babble, bang on the bed, and play for a hour every day. You love Lincoln's cars and trucks and you manage to throw everything behind you as you make your way through the toy boxes. It's fun to watch you reach as far as you can to grab the exact thing you want. Then you yell. You yell a lot. You just want to be heard.
You wear 9 and 12 month clothes now. You're 27 inches long and you're sliming down, though you still have chunky thighs. You're eyes are increasingly brown though the outside still has a ring of the dark blue. You are blonde and growing your "grandpa david" fuzz - hair in the back and lacking on top.
The biggest things that happened this month were a trip to Chicago, moving you to your own crib, feeding you from a bottle, and you getting your first two teeth!
Since I am going to start school next month and I have to travel for orientation I was getting so nervous about Daddy taking care of you that I wanted you to start putting yourself to sleep with a routine. I was so sad to move you out of the room but it was me who wasn't ready, not you. You have done GREAT. You cried for 5 minutes the first night but now you take your naps and go to sleep on your own after reading, nursing and rocking. I even pumped one night and bottle fed you your night time feed to see how you did. You grabbed hold of it, sucked it down, and slept until 6:20. You've done that a few times and you've woken up in the middle of the night around 3am a few times too. I brought you in bed the other day and you were awake for over and hour banging around, pulling the sheets, and playing with your toes. I kicked you out and put you back in your crib. I guess I got used to the freedom pretty quickly. It's kind of nice to have my room back.
You got your first two bottom teeth on 4/14 and 4/16. We hardly noticed they were coming in until they were about ready to break through. You started biting me though and that was one of my clues. You've bit me hard a few times since and I've had to take the boobs away, but you seem to be getting the picture. Biting Mommy hurts.
I've been pumping every night before I go to bed to build up a freezer supply. My goal is to have 30oz/day for 4 days in the freezer plus some extra in case I get delayed. You are a good eater so Daddy plans to fill your tummy with food. You've had quite a few foods. I kind of forgot about the slow introduction and just gave you whatever. Making all of Lincoln's baby food was good fun, but there were some foods I just hated making - so I didn't. Now we pay for it with picky eating habits. I went through the store and found those ones in pre-made baby food to make sure you get them. See: peas, green beans, off season fruits, etc. You're a good eater and haven't figured out that you can spit out what you don't like.
You are squirmy. It's fun to watch you try to get down or stand up when I just want to you sit and snuggle on my lap. Those days lasted about 3 weeks. Now you've got places you want to go, except you still don't roll over. Not back to front, not front to back. You don't scooch yet either. You just like to lay around or sit or be held. Maybe it's because you have more weight to pull around than Lincoln did, but he's got you beat there. You legs are getting long and you're looking more and more like a little girl every day.
Lincoln loves to make you laugh. He laughs, you laugh, he laughs at you laughing, and you laugh louder. It's the best.
You spent Easter banging easter eggs together. They really were the best toy ever for you. I'm so glad your easter dress fit you. It was so cute you wore it for two days during Holy Week. It was also nice that the weather was so warm you didn't need tights or a cardigan.
I just packed away all your 3-6 month clothes. I can't bear to sell them like I did the 0-3 and Lincoln's clothes. I hope to get your room decorated soon. I've found some really cute accessories and would love to get it all painted and set up. I need to set up the video monitor too. That way I could watch you whenever I miss you :D
Love,
Mama





No comments:
Post a Comment