It all started when I originally wanted to name this blog So This is Love - like the song from Cinderella:
So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm
So this is love
I love things that have multiple meanings based on where they come from and how you say them. I don't have a problem with Disney and femenism. I love Disney. I love Cinderella. It's one of my favorite fairy tales in all its origins. Then I met a man that I loved in a story much like a fairy tale and I wanted to write about our wonderful life. It had many meanings because unlike a fairy tale there was a lot of happily ever after to redefine. You could read it:
So THIS is love? *struggling with reality*
So this is LOVE? *kisses and cuddles*
SOOOO, this is love? *skeptical with a raised eyebrow*
They all applied.
But love blossomed. It created a marriage, a family, and it fosters in faith and committment. It became what makes life divine (which was also taken). So as I thought about it and wanted to hold so true to that song and how it was applicable to my life, it turned into Making Life Divine.
Again, you can read it as making life wonderful, making life holy, making lives that are divine in our own life and in the creation of new life as we grow our family. It means so much to me as I fumble through the roles I embody: self, wife, mother, friend.
And that is how Making Life Divine came to be.
Making Life Divine: So This is Love
when fairy tale meets reality: redefining happily ever after in faith, life, marriage, and motherhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment