We've also been very stressed out about the political goings on of the PD lately. The city is broke and after not hiring for years, taking pay and not returning it, raising health insurance premiums, eliminating some of the benefits for officers who saved their sick time through to retirement, they're after more of the officers' money. There are horrible websites out there that claim legitimacy and make it look like our officers can spike their pensions upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars and it's not true, but the citizen's believe it because it looks reliable. They just have no clue and it makes me sad that truth doesn't prevail over money.
So, without sounded like we've been depressed over here, I know I have been more quiet than usual as I sit on so many things to say without the brainpower or motivation to organize my thoughts into anything coherent. But we are all OK, we are getting back on our feet as life starts to propel us forward into some pretty big new places. Stay tuned for a few big posts that are coming up.

No comments:
Post a Comment