Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lincoln: "I'm three!"

Lincoln 3

Only a month late...

I wasn't sure how to attempt to describe Lincoln as a 3 year old. He is so dynamic and grown up now. We've left "baby" and "toddler" behind. Other than the crying and whining on a bad wake-up that is an occasional reminder of how traumatic nap time used to be, he's a big boy now. So, I decided he'll tell you about being three.

STATS:

3'1"

26.6 LBS

FAVORITES: I asked while we were in the car

color? Blue

Food? Chicken and rice from Panda Express (busted, Mama)

Sport? Baseball

Song? ABC's (though I suspect it's actually Twinkle)

Movie? Fantasia

Book? Animals

Animal? Panda. And Giraffe.

Stuffed animal? Noah

Place to visit? The coffee shop

Vacation? The beach. "I have to get bigger and stronger so I can hold my breath and go underwater and scuba dive with my dad." <<no joke, that whole sentence came out of his mouth>>

Airplane? 16's!!! (F-16s)   Aside: Me: Lincoln, what kind of plane is that?! Lincoln: A 6-7-8-30!! (Because Joe is always pointing out 737's, 767's, 777's, and he knows how to count to 10. I laugh.)

Best friend? Lily and Asher and Aiden and Colton and Conner and Gavin and all my friends at preschool. But, what about Emi? Is she your best friend? No, my friends are all at my school.

IMG_8676

Any time we take pictures now instead of saying "cheese" he says "I'm three!!!" For his actual birthday we were going to go to the Diamondbacks game, but neither boy wanted to go. Lincoln asked to go to In-n-Out Burger and get a "Bourger" (think of Booger with a very SLIGHT u sound) and a shake. So, off we went.

IMG_8712

Birthday presents were a big hit this year: Scooter, Duplos, Jake costume, musical instruments, role-play food --all the kinds of things that will finally be used for years with play and imagination rather than a month, if ever. That was the goal in trying to control the stuff that was coming in a bit.

Other funny things about Lincoln:

- He knows logos in an instant

-He can name that song within about 6-10 seconds (Disney Pandora)

-Obsessed with glow stick

-Has to have his back scratched before bed and has been asking for the "Santa Clause" song for MONTHS.

-Asks me to pray for him to grow up big and strong every night.

-Knows almost all the letters of the alphabet and numbers thru 10 by sight.

-Is one of his teachers' favorite kids at preschool. He just moved from the 'puppies' to the 'bunnies' classroom. You can tell the maturity difference in the older kids so I'm glad he was ready by his birthday (he had to be 3 AND potty trained, so we were just waiting for the birthday)

-likes gel in his hair and for it to be spiky.

-can do somersaults and catch with two hands

-Lincoln is very thoughtful.

 

Keep the fun coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...