Image by: Absolutely Radiant Events & Photography[/caption]Emi,
I know mom's aren't supposed to compare their children, but you are quick! I love watching you climb up and slide down the slide all by yourself. Who knew you could that?! I've also caught you climbing onto the shelves in the pantry, the ladder in the closet, the dog stairs up to the bed, the kitchen chairs, the kid table, and coffee table. You use other objects to get up to whatever your desired surface is.
You're a very active player. You and Lincoln play with your Little People all the time and you also like to play in the tent. We even made a couch cushion cave and you were all over that, laughing and squealing. The slide is hands down your favorite. You cry whenever I tell you it's time to go inside.

You still love shoes. You also love "to go". You will go get your shoes, bring them to me, sit down and sit your feet out, and then run to the door. It's pretty darn cute the way you pick specific shoes. You even brought Dada his shoes today so you could go.
You can also open doors already!! The garage door is heavy, but you can open all the other doors in the house swinging both directions.
You have both top 1 year molars breaking through. I have no idea what day specifically, but I noticed it just before Halloween. It made sense with the way you were acting and another morning waking up with a fever. You've had ear infections in both ears and had antibiotics twice. it's pretty miserable. So is the snot that comes with all the bugs you've had to fight since Lincoln started school. Lemme tell ya, the NoseFrida is a LIFE SAVER. Best purchase ever. Hopefully you both will stop having runny noses, coughs, and fevers for awhile now.
You went to school with Lincoln one day a few weeks ago. You walk around the house with Lincoln's backpack on your back all the time and always want to get down and play when it's drop off/pick up. You got to go in the 12-24 month room and you were so excited. Seriously, you were beside yourself excited to be put down a classroom with all sorts of new toys and other kids. I was only nervous because during the 4 hours you were there I drove an hour out east and then an hour back (Dada was home though). When I got back to pick you up you didn't even want to stop what you were doing to look at me. I had to keep calling your name over and over again. The teacher said you only cried for a little bit before snack and once you saw the food you were back to being happy.
I actually put you down in Lincoln's classroom last week because you were reaching at something and I wanted to see what you'd do. You ran straight for Lincoln's cubby and started tugging on his lunch box and backpack. I about died from the cuteness. Then you ran to the cart with all the water bottles on it and started looking for his. Best little sister ever.

You are very talkative. Half (ok, almost all) the time we don't know what you're saying, but it's amazing string of varying syllables. You do have some words and phrases though. You say: Mama, Dada, "I see it", "I did it", "whats that", "don't do it", "get it", yeah, and yes. I'm not kidding when I quote "I see it", "I did it", "get it", and "what's that". You point or tap at something and it's clear as day.
You slept through the night for a few nights. Now you're waking up at 5 ish to nurse and then *sometimes* go back to sleep for a bit. You have slept until 8am, and I got used to that really fast… but it hasn't happened again for awhile. Most of the time you come in our room and switch back and forth between boobs for an hour or so until you decide you want to slide off the bed, walk around to the stairs, climb back up into the bed, and jump on us. Then someone just has to get up with you so you don't careen over the edge. Usually it's Daddy.

Someday you will have hair. It's there in the back but it's no where to be found on top. Even Lincoln had more hair by this age. I'm sure one day I'll wake up and you'll have plenty of it.
You love your babies. You have two baby dolls, brown-eyed baby and your StellaBaby. They are both your favorite and you carry them both around by their hands. They also love to go shopping in the shopping cart with you. You have started trying to take their clothes off to look for their belly buttons. You know where your belly button is and you know how to beep your own nose. You even make the beep sound yourself.
Today I caught you on the couch all by yourself and I knew I had to publish this post before you were 15 months old and a totally different little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment